Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] gfxboot  (Read 5339 times)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
[EN] gfxboot
« on: 2012/08/08, 19:07:13 »
I hope I posted this in the correct section, if not, please move ;)

It has been years since I burned a iso (my build, which is not very different to stock) to dvd.

I built from pyfll today and burnt it to dvd and upon boot it gives me an error.

Code: [Select]
Loading bootlogo ...
Error Setting up gfxboot

Then gives me an option of booting
Siduction_amd64
Boot_from_Hard_Disk

I had this problem before when building sidux, I can't for the life of me remember what I did to make the dvd boot.

This build works perfect when booting fromiso.

Any thoughts ?

I can post my "KDE desktop environment" if needed

thanks
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline agaida

• User
    • http://g-com.eu
RE: gfxboot
« Reply #1 on: 2012/08/08, 19:24:33 »
You are not alone :) Mostly i need between 3-6 build if i change the pyfll settings for a releae. The question is: which sources for pyfll do you use? Do you have the needed packages in it?  Most errors are made in this section:

166 FLL_WALLPAPER        = "/usr/share/wallpapers/siduction-desperado-reloaded"
 167 FLL_GFXBOOT_THEME    = "12.1.1-desperado-reloaded"

174 FLL_DISTRO_VERSION           = 12.1.1

These entries should match - if not, pyfll has no chance to get the needed datas for gfxboot in the buildchroot.
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2012/08/08, 20:58:36 »
Thanks agaida, I will check when I get home frm work as I am about 300 miles away
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2012/08/11, 10:01:12 »
Thanks agaida, that was the problem

FLL_WALLPAPER        = "/usr/share/wallpapers/siduction-desperado"
FLL_GFXBOOT_THEME     ="12.1-desperado"
FLL_DISTRO_VERSION           = 12.1

My fault really as I use the same code for awhile, usually use as fromiso using toram so I don't notice the gfxboot error and me being too lazy to fix/upgrade it

danke