Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Install aborted with log using xfce-amd64 live usb  (Read 8910 times)

braveheartleo

Trying to install Siduction amd64 with Xfce live usb, created from iso. After having correctly selected all options prior to installation, the process aborts with the following log:
Code: [Select]

O: loading modules
O: Initialisation done
O: starting installation
O: starting load_config
O: load the configuration
E: Parameter BOOT_WHERE is not defined
O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

What can I do to proceed from here?

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: Install aborted with log using xfce-amd64 live usb
« Reply #1 on: 2012/12/03, 14:40:04 »
Quote from: "braveheartleo"
...the following log:
Code: [Select]

E: Parameter BOOT_WHERE is not defined
O: siduction-installer ended abnormally

I am not deeply familiar with the installer. To me it seems you did not define where to install Grub and/or which of your partitons should be used for "/".

Anyway, you did not give all information neccessary.

My 2.5 c
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

braveheartleo

« Reply #2 on: 2012/12/03, 15:03:12 »
Quote from: "michaa7"

I am not deeply familiar with the installer. To me it seems you did not define where to install Grub and/or which of your partitons should be used for "/".

Just to be clear this isn't my first time installing siduction.

I don't know how to generate an installation configuration report to show the selections I made before proceeding with installation, but I did select Bootmanager: GRUB into /dev/sda, root-fs:sda3 from the options presented.

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2012/12/03, 16:15:28 »
This won't probably help much, but I remember I have seen the "BOOT_WHERE is not defined" once in rc1 (xfce-32 bit). Did not bug-report that, because I could not reproduce it. I thought for myself that I did sth wrong with freshly created partitions.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

braveheartleo

« Reply #4 on: 2012/12/03, 16:38:18 »
Quote from: "der_bud"
This won't probably help much, but I remember I have seen the "BOOT_WHERE is not defined" once in rc1 (xfce-32 bit). Did not bug-report that, because I could not reproduce it. I thought for myself that I did sth wrong with freshly created partitions.

But I think you should have, because there is a bug in the sidu-installer, particularly the 'Installation target' for the 'Bootmanager' install section.

If one selects 'Installaton target: Masterboot-sector', then the installation pushes through. But if one selects 'Installation target: /dev/sda', then that's where the problem manifests.

The last time 'Installation target: /dev/sda' worked for me was with desperado-reloaded.

Here's the bug report in chili: http://chili.siduction.org/issues/1019

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2012/12/03, 18:34:26 »
At least I can guess now what could have happenend in rc1. There was another small bug with devices sometimes not syncing/refreshing when created from inside the installer (solved by now). Perhaps I chose the wrong grub target without really noticing it at first try, getting above error, and at second try the correct entry was offered and the BOOT_WHERE-thing was not triggered.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.