Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  LXDE Issues  (Read 9270 times)

Offline Penyelam

• User
LXDE Issues
« on: 2015/01/25, 17:06:16 »
When I click "Menu->Abmelden->Computer sperren" (I don't know the exact terms in English, but should be like: Menu-Logoff->Lock Computer), nothing happens, the computer is NOT locked.

In "Paneleinträge hinzufügen/entfernen->Desktop-Pager->Einstellungen" (add/remove Panelentries->Desktop-Pager->Setup), a message appears that there is no program found to config the windowmanager.

Version is Indian Summer

Millie

Re: LXDE Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2015/02/21, 20:32:16 »
In "Paneleinträge hinzufügen/entfernen->Desktop-Pager->Einstellungen" (add/remove Panelentries->Desktop-Pager->Setup), a message appears that there is no program found to config the windowmanager.

For this, install obconf. Then go Menu > Preferences > Openbox Configuration Manager. The sixth tab down on the left marked "Desktops" is where you can make changes to the desktop pager.

This isn't a bug...it's just not installed for some reason.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #2 on: 2015/02/21, 22:37:49 »
and the reason is: The maintainer has removed the dependency to obconf in the lxde metapackage - some of the functionality is in lxappearance. If you think thats a bug - file a report against package lxde/sid. At least obconf should be a a recommend of lxappearance-obconf or lxde i think.

PS: i think, thats a bug or a not very lucky move.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Millie

« Reply #3 on: 2015/02/21, 23:34:07 »
The maintainer has removed the dependency to obconf in the lxde metapackage - some of the functionality is in lxappearance.
I know the right-click error goes back as far as Lubuntu 11.10. (The last LXDE I had before my current Indian Summer LXDE.) I filed a bug report on it back then...hmm. Maybe the OP should file a bug report to remind them.

I think their goal is to have all controls on one GUI. The desktop pager seems to be the only thing missing from lxappearance.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #4 on: 2015/02/22, 00:40:59 »
thats no magic - they use the same packaging :)

anyway - i can not change it for indian summer, but i have hard wired obconf in our buildsystem - so it will be there in the next release, no matter what upstream/debian does.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline Penyelam

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2015/02/22, 14:28:12 »
Thanks for the workaround.