Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Mounting MTP from android phone, easy way, how?  (Read 17170 times)

Offline vilde

• User
[EN] Re: Mounting MTP from android phone, easy way, how?
« Reply #15 on: 2014/07/10, 12:47:23 »
I don't have kio-mtp (rather not because I'm not using KDE) I don't have mtpfs. But I have mtp-tools and jmtpfs installed, I think that will work also and this is what you want I hope:

idVendor: 0fce

idProduct: 01a7

If you want the whole output for some reason:

Code: [Select]
nisse@siduction_test:~$ mtp-detect | grep idVendor
Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Device 0 (VID=0fce and PID=01a7) is UNKNOWN.
Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
   idVendor: 0fce
nisse@siduction_test:~$ mtp-detect | grep idProduct
Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Device 0 (VID=0fce and PID=01a7) is UNKNOWN.
Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
   idProduct: 01a7

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline titan

• User
Re: Mounting MTP from android phone, easy way, how?
« Reply #17 on: 2014/07/11, 09:24:29 »
I don't have kio-mtp (rather not because I'm not using KDE)

I use e17 and thunar I tried gvfs with thunar a year ago and it didn't work and could not connect to the phone but I just had another look and added gvfs-backend and it all works fine.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2014/07/11, 13:54:37 »
@ titan, I think I have another problem  than you with my xperia Z1, but thanks anyway.

@ piper, I did a test-installation with KDE and installed kio-mtp before but still the telephone is not recognized. I shall read and check your links later when I have more time.

One thing more.... I tried to flush down the telephone in the toilet so I can by a new one but it didn't work, and after bringing the phone up from the water it's still working so I have to stick with it for a while....

« Last Edit: 2014/07/12, 02:18:09 by piper »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #19 on: 2014/07/11, 14:12:34 »
hmm ... one can try a hammer ... 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2014/07/12, 02:18:28 »
lol,  :) hehe

It's a nice phone, water resistant, dust proof, it will probably be running android  "L" after it gets  released (I have been running it since google released the preview), if not kitkat is good also :)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline piper

• User

Offline vilde

• User
Thanks everybody for your help. I gave up this for now and made a work-around by adjusting the phones camera-setting to store camera files on the external sd-card that is reachable as a normal usb-memory.
« Last Edit: 2014/08/17, 12:08:04 by vilde »

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #23 on: 2014/08/18, 07:19:07 »
I just use Airdroid as suggested above by towo, it works well.

Offline jaegermeister

• User
« Reply #24 on: 2014/11/25, 19:23:37 »
What about gmtp?
---------------------------------------
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM
---------------------------------------