Siduction Forum > Installation - Support

[EN] Installation and Password Issues

(1/3) > >>

vtpoet:
Hi, just thought I'd try Siduction. My experience so far:

1.) Booted up live session. Got a phone call. Came back. Was locked out. No idea what the password is. Reboot.

2.) First installation attempt: I walked away to let Siduction install and when I came back I was locked out again (wasn't expecting such a short lockscreen period). Tried various passwords, again, but none worked. Figured it must have installed so I forced a power down and booted up. Tried to log in. You guessed it: Password doesn't work.

3.) Second installation. Immediately changed PW and turned off auto screen lock set to 5 min... (why?). Wipe and reinstall.

4.) Login password works but now administrator password doesn't work (despite having set user and admin password the same during installation). Probably not a member of sudu group because Debian.

5.) Currently asking myself whether this is all worth it...

vtpoet:
Update:

In the course of writing the post above (on a different system) Siduction invoked the lockscreen and, you guessed it, my password doesn't work.

I mean, seriously?

vtpoet:
Third and final post. I rebooted but now my password doesn't work.

Have no idea what's going on. The keyboard was set to US Intl with Altgr Dead Keys during installation. Maybe there's a screw up in that regard but I wouldn't know because the login screen doesn't give me the option to see what I'm typing in.

Am wiping Siduction and moving on. Was trying out the latest Plasma version by the way.

For what it's worth, maybe setting the lockscreen to five minutes on a live session without telling users the password (who just want to try it out) really isn't such a great idea?

devil:
Well, I agree the lockscreen is set way too short. But passwords after installation never vanished or changed ever. That just does not happen.

towo:

--- Quote ---For what it's worth, maybe setting the lockscreen to five minutes on a live session without telling users the password (who just want to try it out) really isn't such a great idea?
--- End quote ---

Open your eyes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version