Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] For Plasma 5 users -- Dolphin issue coming soon  (Read 5605 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Re: For Plasma 5 users -- Dolphin issue coming soon
« Reply #15 on: 2017/04/16, 12:32:41 »
OK, that is correct operation of kdesu.  This means the problem lies with krusader.  I have not used krusader in 10 years, so I would not have good advice for you.  In those times there were 2 krusader modes, 1 for user and 1 for root.  But I don't know about new krusader.  :(
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline bevo

• User
Re: For Plasma 5 users -- Dolphin issue coming soon
« Reply #16 on: 2017/04/16, 12:46:53 »
Dibl, may be there is a misunderstanding on my side. Of course i can start Krusader in root mode but I understand devils post that
the button "ctr-alt-k" will start Krusader without require a password.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #17 on: 2017/04/16, 13:25:25 »
I can't stand dolphin,  love konqueror   ;)

In yak as root

Code: [Select]
dbus-launch konqueror --profile filemanagement
or

as user

Code: [Select]
su-to-root -X -c konqueror
The last one can be used if you make your own icon and can be used in yak (cli)  ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #18 on: 2017/04/16, 14:03:09 »
Happy Easter, Piper!

Yes, that dbus-launch (as root) method has saved me in the past when kdesudo and kdesu were broken. It's a good one to remember.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #19 on: 2017/04/16, 14:21:01 »
Happy Easter /  Fröhliches Eiersuchen    dibl  & all
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck