Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  KDE Frameworks 5.6.0 + Plasma 5.2.0 + KDE Applications 14.12.2  (Read 11139 times)

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
@gethoblaster
don't know if this is related  to kf5, i think you use kde-4.xy.
But a little hint for you
Code: [Select]
apt-cache search kde wallpapers
apt-cache search kde artwork

greetz
« Last Edit: 2015/02/12, 20:54:58 by hendrikL »

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Yakuake does not work. It complains it needs kosole, which, if you believe yakuake, is not installed while it is.

greetz
devil

belze

well done!

Santa

Hi, just for the record I have a gigantic list of issues to work on, among others:

@Santa -- I still don't see a working kdesu or kdesudo.  kdesudo {package} will bring up the prompt for root password, but then it crashes silently.

I got the same behaviour here. However now kauth works (i.e. I can change the hour of the system; it asks for my root password and does it) while some time ago it didn't.

I agree kdesudo shouldn't crash silently, so I take note for my to-do list.

Fresh VM, indiansummer-kde-amd64, installation works fine. There is no preview in desktop-settings for wallpapers. Don't know if this is only in my installation.

That's a problem which I have been experiencing since the begining, already in my gigantic to-do list.

Yakuake does not work. It complains it needs kosole, which, if you believe yakuake, is not installed while it is.

Indeed, it doesn't work anymore, this issue is new since this latest upload of KDE Applications; I think this happens because konsole is already working with frameworks while yakuake it's still in its kdelibs 4 version. Fortunately I think there is yakuake port to frameworks being worked on, but it wasn't released yet.  Needless to say, this problem just entered my to-do list.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 plasma-desktop-data : Breaks: kde-workspace-data (< 4:5.0.0) but 4:4.11.13-2.1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

Apparently you are the only one experiencing this problem, please check that you don't have weird things in /etc/apt/preferences or /etc/apt/preferences.d/*

Anyway, could you configure temporarily your system with the debug output of apt? You just have to add this line to /etc/apt.conf
Debug::pkgProblemResolver "true";
One you have done it, please paste the output of both "apt-get dist-upgrade" and "aptitude dist-upgrade".

Santa

Small news: KDE Frameworks was updated to 5.7.0 this morning. Also I'm doing some experiments to make Plasma 5 work with Qt 5.4.x (it's the recommended version for Plasma 5.2, sid[uction] is providing right now 5.3.2)

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
    • http://www.mte90.net
Yakuake problem confirmed.
Sigh without Yakuake i cannot upgrade to kde 5.x

Offline se7en

• User
I use tilda for now. Till the konsole problem is solved.
What I can not solve is the wallpaper can not be changed to a custom one.
Browse does not show any files or folders. If I manually edit the path to the file it will tell me that the file does not exist even if it does.
Everything else works stable so far.

Upgraded from a fairly new Indian Summer install.