Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  I am getting old and the single click is giving me grief.  (Read 3437 times)

LRC1962

I think it is just my age, but now i am having a lot of trouble with what I want is a single click or a highlight tool and it is ending up with sometimes as many as five instances starting, I am tired of seeing five kates when all I want is one. As for using the mouse as a highlighter it is turning out to be more a dragger. I would like to be able to copy and paste without half of it ending up in a different part of the sentence, usually in the middle of the word.Slowing down the double click has not been the answer.

Offline ayla

• User
Re: I am getting old and the single click is giving me grief.
« Reply #1 on: 2018/12/24, 23:17:48 »
hmm...I had such troubles a time ago and it turned out that my mouse was the aging part. The contacts bounced, hit once, the gave a few pulses out.
hthayla

Offline axt

• User
    • axebase.net
Re: I am getting old and the single click is giving me grief.
« Reply #2 on: 2018/12/25, 07:38:45 »
I had the same problem with an otherwise good laser mouse (with a second mouse from me and a third mouse from a former girlfriend also, the same model).

Sometimes I had to press hard, sometimes the button bounced.

I disassembled it countless times, glued something on it, took it away again, put a drop of ethanol into the micro switch (You can try it, but let it dry!). It worked for a few months at a time.

The only thing that really helped was a new mouse.

LRC1962

I should have done this long ago. It was a mose issue. Got a new one and everything is happy.