BUGS > 2015.1

LxQT 2016.1 - no wifi connection on runlevel 3

<< < (2/4) > >>

melmarker:
there is no init 3 anymore in systemd - does that answer your question?

bokoto:

--- Quote from: melmarker on 2016/03/11, 19:31:51 ---there is no init 3 anymore in systemd - does that answer your question?

--- End quote ---

Perfect thats what i was looking for in the answer - thanks !

melmarker:
the hints to use tmux, screen or simply stop the DM are still valid in case of X crashes during a dist upgrade. But to be true - i never leaved the graphical environment to make an upgrade within the last 5 years.

musca:
Hello,
even the most advanced and best prepared sid users will sometimes find themselves being dropped to the linux console when their xorg doesn't start after a dist-upgrade. Thus I think doing the dist-upgrade in the pure linux console is a good preparation for the worst case when your X11 (or your display-manager or your desktop session) doesn't start. Being familiar with the console tools is a good starting position for any recovery plan.

@melmarker: Bad advice. Not being hit in five years is just luck,  see this changelog.

systemd (226-4) unstable; urgency=medium
   * debian/tests/logind: Be more verbose on failures.
[...]
   * Don't restart logind on upgrades any more. This kills X.org (#798097)
     while logind doesn't save/restore its open fds (issue #1163), and also
     gets confused about being idle in between (LP: #1473800)
 -- pitti@d.o   Fri, 02 Oct 2015 13:44:28 +0200

Bugs will hit us at any time and being well prepared is my personal counter measure.

greetings
musca

melmarker:
musca: May be - but hey - i'm only a short term linux user since 2009 - and i've never leaved X for upgrades. Not in Ubuntu, not in Arch, not in aptosid, not in siduction. And as i wrote - the hints are still valid. But it feels (to me) a little bit like wearing belt and braces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version