Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] PC glasses, gaming glasses  (Read 4969 times)

Offline michaaa62

• User
[EN] PC glasses, gaming glasses
« on: 2013/08/31, 10:59:41 »
Does anyone of you use glasses and may recommend some, please?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
PC glasses, gaming glasses
« Reply #1 on: 2013/08/31, 12:11:08 »
Are you in need of Fielmann?

Offline michaaa62

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2013/08/31, 16:06:24 »
Either that, or i feel the need for some specific glasses to use in front of the monitor...

timc

RE: PC glasses, gaming glasses
« Reply #3 on: 2013/08/31, 16:33:40 »
I wear reading glasses, but they make me need to sit too close to the monitor. I wonder if weaker reading glasses would let me sit at the proper distance?

Tim

Offline Bequimão

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2013/08/31, 16:56:14 »
Please consult an optician. If you are 50+, it would be quiet normal that you need glasses in front of your computer.

Best regards,
Bequimão
Bequimão (gesprochen: Be-ki-mãu) ist Manuel Beckmann,
brasilianischer Revolutionär in Maranhão (1630 - 1685).

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #5 on: 2013/08/31, 17:11:47 »
I am 50+, I just need glasses for driving, for my pc, I use bigger fonts :) droid sans 18pt ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaaa62

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2013/08/31, 17:34:22 »
Sure, i am 51!
Nevertheless using my reading glasses seems to be very tiring for my eyes.
Therefore the question if somebody uses anything like those http://shop.gunnars.com/advanced-gaming-eyewear/l/200
Are there other dealer to sell similar glasses?

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2013/08/31, 17:51:12 »
Dont know about this gunnar glasses, but maybe this helps:

Insteed of reading glasses I asked my optician for "office"-glasses. They still forced me to go more near to the monitor then I normaly would do. I then meassured my comfortable distance between eyes and monitor and asked direct for glasses for this distance.

I'm fine now with this solution.

greets
ayla

EDIT: What I maybe should mention:

I'm on computers the whole day long, on work I have to watch very close for down to 2x2Pixel shadows, after work I'm on often for hours, too. Using glasses for the wrong distance made my eyes tired very fast, caused headache and so on. This all is gone now.

Smon

« Reply #8 on: 2013/09/01, 10:01:43 »
@piper: do you use glasses, when you play driving games at your pc?

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2013/09/01, 17:38:30 »
Quote from: "Smon"
@piper: do you use glasses, when you play driving games at your pc?

lol, that was great !

Formula F1 2012

I use my sunglasses (prescription) ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2013/09/02, 02:45:45 »
I wear walmart reading glasses for reading the paper and using the computer. As I have a large screen its great

Offline dsat

• User
PC glasses
« Reply #11 on: 2013/09/03, 08:25:12 »
Hi,

just recently I had an eye exam. I wanted progressive glasses, so that I do not have to change glasses for driving, computer works and reading. My distance to the monitor is arm length. The report for the lens crafter had a hand written note: use +1 for computer add.

I'm really happy with the result, no more swapping glasses any more.

Regards dsat

Offline piper

• User
Re: PC glasses
« Reply #12 on: 2013/09/03, 16:51:29 »
Quote from: "dsat"
Hi,

just recently I had an eye exam. I wanted progressive glasses, so that I do not have to change glasses for driving, computer works and reading. My distance to the monitor is arm length. The report for the lens crafter had a hand written note: use +1 for computer add.

I'm really happy with the result, no more swapping glasses any more.

Regards dsat

That all depends if your farsightedness (hyperopia)  or nearsightedness (myopia).

You must have presbyopia and use  progressive addition lenses (PALs) good for you that it works for you :)

I was told laser surgery wouldn't work for me, but, a second/third opinion wouldn't hurt either :)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: PC glasses
« Reply #13 on: 2013/09/03, 18:14:41 »
Quote from: "piper"

That all depends if your farsightedness (hyperopia)  or nearsightedness (myopia).

True.  When I was young, I thought my myopia was a curse, when I needed to wear corrective lenses full time.  Now in my "mature" age, I can take off my glasses and see the monitor perfectly, at an arm's length, or a little more, in front of my face.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

timc

RE: Re: PC glasses
« Reply #14 on: 2013/09/03, 19:42:19 »
I was severely myopic all my life. Then they did lens implant surgery earlier this year. Now I have 20-20 vision at anything greater than a few feet, but I have to wear reading glasses for short distances. They don't work well at computer screen distance, at all. I still wonder whether a weaker pair of reading glasses would work for computer use?

Tim