Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Qt 5.4.2 + KDE frameworks 5.11 + Plasma 5.3.2 + Apps 15.04.3  (Read 3150 times)

Santa

Hi,

There is a new batch of updates in kdenext/kde-frameworks. Installation intructions are available here:
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/InstallingNext#siduction

The software in kdenext/kde-frameworks is the following:
Qt libraries: 5.4.2 (mostly in debian sid now)
KDE Frameworks: 5.11.0
Plasma: 5.3.2
KDE Applications: 15.04.3

Cheers.

holgerw

Hi Santa,

thanks a lot for your work, I'll make an update this evening.

Yesterday I've done an update on my Antergos installation. With that update an annoying bug has gone, the kinit5 crash, when trying to modify special window settings, and I think, this will also be the case on my siduction system.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Offline clubex

• User
Hi Santa

I'm having trouble updating systemsettings ie. The following error occurs:
Code: [Select]
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/systemsettings_4%3a5.3.2-1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/systemsettings.mo', which is also in package kde-l10n-engb 4:4.14.3-90r0

I'm using the kdenext repo but I've not yet using the kde-frameworks repo.

My inxi is:

CPU~Quad core AMD Phenom 9650 (-MCP-) clocked at Min:1150.000Mhz Max:2300.000Mhz Kernel~4.1.1-towo.1-siduction-amd64 x86_64 Up~7:08 Mem~1954.9/7989.7MB HDD~250.1GB(65.5% used) Procs~172 Client~Shell inxi~1.9.16

holgerw

Hi @clubex,

if you want to get current kf5 stuff, please activate also kf5 framework repo. If you still want to use KDE 4, perhaps it would be better to start an new thread.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Santa

Hi Santa

I'm having trouble updating systemsettings ie. The following error occurs:
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/systemsettings_4%3a5.3.2-1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/systemsettings.mo', which is also in package kde-l10n-engb 4:4.14.3-90r0

I'm using the kdenext repo but I've not yet using the kde-frameworks repo.

My inxi is:

CPU~Quad core AMD Phenom 9650 (-MCP-) clocked at Min:1150.000Mhz Max:2300.000Mhz Kernel~4.1.1-towo.1-siduction-amd64 x86_64 Up~7:08 Mem~1954.9/7989.7MB HDD~250.1GB(65.5% used) Procs~172 Client~Shell inxi~1.9.16

Please read http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5644.0

holgerw

Hi,

I can confirm now, that issues with special window settings also have gone on siduction after an upgrade to plasma 5.3.2.

Thanks to Santa for his work to integrate current kf5 stuff rapidly after its release.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Offline Mte90

• User
  • KDE & Debian lover
    • http://www.mte90.net
Upgrade with some problem (i don't have kde-standard installed), so i have installed the new phonon packages to fix the audio.
The configuration of KDE4 was not loaded so i've reconfigured all the settings.
Also i've some problem on start up, i get a blank window that say something of a session (i know the next i'll do a screenshot), when i press the okey button kde start, on the shutdown i get a black screen with a blink cursor but is impossible write something so i shutdown from the pc button.
I think that the wrong shutdown create other problems, like reconfigure all the screens in my multi monitor system (wallpaper ecc) and the shortcut in khotkeys.
Akonadi is missing, i can see there is a conflict with the mysql driver because i've mysql 5.6 while the package require 5.5.
I hope that this feedback fix some problem for all :-D