Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Debian repos - extensive list  (Read 3194 times)

Runaway1956

[EN] Debian repos - extensive list
« on: 2015/07/29, 20:48:13 »
Over the years, I've often gone searching for a repo that might contain some odd application.  Today, the kids came by, and I ended up advising them to install Google Talk on their tablet.  No need to find a stupid phone, when you're holding the stupid phone in your hand already, right?   Well - I had not yet installed Google Talk onto this computer.  I went searching - and found this page.

https://sites.google.com/site/mydebiansourceslist/

It's just about my bedtime, so I didn't browse that list very far - but it seems to have EVERYTHING from the Debian world listed.  Yes - Siduction is there.  I do believe it has EVERYTHING that I've ever heard of, plus a good bit more.

Take a look, and decide for yourself whether you can use anything in the lists.  All responsibility is yours, of course.  Or, have fun, but don't blame me nine months from now!

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: Debian repos - extensive list
« Reply #1 on: 2015/07/29, 20:51:47 »
Be aware!
That is the well known Frankendebian sources.list by craigevil.
Have not seen him around for a while so it might have gotten him in the end ;)

greetz
devil

Runaway1956

« Reply #2 on: 2015/07/29, 21:18:20 »
OH MY GOD!!  You don't think it ate him, do you?

I've never really got crazy with adding repos - the OS I'm using right now is as crazy as I've ever been.  I installed Sparky linux, then added the Siduction repos.  So - no, I'm not really driving Siduction, but it's probably a low-grade facsimile thereof.

holgerw

« Reply #3 on: 2015/08/02, 11:49:53 »
Hello Ferdinand,

I think it is a nice experiment to add this list for testing limits of debian package management  ;D

Seriously spoken: It is better, not to use it and I think, Debian's package management is a good one.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #4 on: 2015/08/02, 15:26:28 »
I would stay away, sig says all ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2015/08/02, 15:45:31 »
dmo is the only non-supported repo that I ever use, and even that one can cause an issue once in awhile.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #6 on: 2015/08/02, 16:01:10 »
All my boxes use dmo, I can't for the life of me remember the last time I had a problem with it, I believe it was the kanotix days, could be knoppix, ah  hell, I just don't remember, big fan of mythtv here (dmo).
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck