Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Is anyone using Kmail for gmail only?  (Read 3654 times)

Dachs

[EN] Is anyone using Kmail for gmail only?
« on: 2015/04/21, 10:45:27 »
I have often preferred using an email client, such as kmail but I've started to wonder if this better considering I'm only using it for gmail, When I had multiple accounts it was useful and I still like using it within kontact, but I'm starting to wonder, is there much point when gmail is good web based? Anyway just some musings, anyone a kmail fan? 

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
Re: Is anyone using Kmail for gmail only?
« Reply #1 on: 2015/04/22, 13:53:37 »
Hi Dachs,

I have been using for years kmail or kontact with multiple mail accounts with different providers, including also write an email account from Google. In general, it makes sense to put all of his email accounts with kontact together. The integration e.g. calendars (including Google Calendar), task scheduling and address books (eg ownCloud server) is possible without problems.

Where did you get problems with the Gmail account in kmail or kontact?

Dachs

« Reply #2 on: 2015/04/22, 20:31:47 »
hey bluelupo
Hey, yeah I also like the extra features on kontact, I have managed to sync google calandar, but the thing I find a bit annoying is it seems to use loads of CPU, periodically Akonadiserver starts up for about 10mins using half my cpu and then stops, perhaps its a configuration problem?

belze

« Reply #3 on: 2015/04/29, 17:13:48 »
perhaps its a configuration problem?
It seems like a config problem. Can you try to debug this issue?
Have you tried with a new user (or backup and than clear all conf data)?
I am using kontact from ages, and lately is quite stable with gmail. (i'm using 4.14.1 right now...)