Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  How to deal with experimental repos on Siduction  (Read 1612 times)

RLFontan

How to deal with experimental repos on Siduction
« on: 2018/09/17, 02:50:58 »
Hey guys whats'up?

Guys, what is the best way to deal with 396.x NVIDIA drivers on Siduction?

I have alrealdy installed everything i need from the experimental repository (including the driver), but i dont know if now i disable this experimental repo or if i keep it and try to configure the apt to give preference to the SID repo, but keeping the experimental enabled (making kind of a hibrid Debian). Or maybe there something totally diferent i should do? What is the right way to do with this in Siduction keeping the max of stability?

Thank you guys!

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: How to deal with experimental repos on Siduction
« Reply #1 on: 2018/09/17, 10:30:03 »
For keeping max stability, try not to use experimental in the first place. If you feel the need to do so, deativate it after installing stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: How to deal with experimental repos on Siduction
« Reply #2 on: 2018/09/17, 18:02:57 »
I don't have a problem with experimental as of yet, all my games play ;)

Code: [Select]
apt update; apt install nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms -t experimental

12:00:25 PM-Mon Sep 17-[piper@x1] $ inxi -xxx -G

Code: [Select]
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] vendor: eVga.com. driver: nvidia v: 396.51 bus ID: 01:00.0
           chip ID: 10de:13c2
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.1 driver: nvidia unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           alternate: nouveau,nv compositor: kwin_x11 resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 396.51 direct render: Yes

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck