Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  new lxqt user - no internet connection with live DVD  (Read 2984 times)

arjay

Hi - sorry to be so feeble but somewhat thrown when I booted up the live dvd of 14.0.1 only to find no internet connection, no network icon - nada.

Posting here via a win 7 laptop (yuch!).  Am I supposed to install network manager or something?  Did google and search forum but nothing turned up

EDIT: should have mentioned that I have both wired ethernet and wireless available.

EDIT: OK bear with me.  Found the release notes and the manual.  Realize I have to do some work to get a connection re third party firmware and software.  I'll work through it and post back
« Last Edit: 2014/06/07, 19:23:30 by arjay »

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
Re: new lxqt user - no internet connection with live DVD
« Reply #1 on: 2014/06/07, 20:32:09 »
LXQt is experimental, so, hearing how you're getting along is much appreciated.  Please continue to post back.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: new lxqt user - no internet connection with live DVD
« Reply #2 on: 2014/06/08, 00:17:17 »
but LXQt has ceni - big plus. And one should be able to identify his hardware - and eventually activate non-free and load the needed drivers. I would go with wired connections first.

Later nm or wicd may be a good tool

EDIT: GoinEasy9 - i have moved LXQt packages to unstable - but yeah, it has some rough edges sometimes. The manual and some informations about the system may help a lot to give useful advice
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)