Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  sound in Firefox  (Read 1776 times)

Offline titan

• User
sound in Firefox
« on: 2019/10/29, 12:47:24 »
I have a fully up to date system and have just noticed in Firefox that the sound reverts to zero after you play a video. So if I click a Youtube video sound works OK, click on another video and no sound, I can select volume in widget but not Youtube ,and increase it although also not with multimedia keys. All other applications sound is working fine including multimedia keys. A Google shows a similar problem in the past with Firefox but with volume being reset to 100% not 0. No mention of anyone else with this problem. I tried Youtube with Konqueror and all works as normal.

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: sound in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: 2019/10/29, 19:25:05 »
I cannot see your problem here, but remember from my last full dist-upgrade that pulse update asked me if I wanted to keep or replace the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf.
I decided to keep because I have set there "flat-volumes = no" to avoid the 100% problem you mentioned. Perhaps you've had a modified conf-file, too, that got replaced?
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2019/10/29, 21:47:43 »
I can't remember anytime being asked about /etc/pulse/daemon.conf. I don't have the 100% volume problem mine is the opposite, the volume reverts to zero. My  /etc/pulse/daemon.conf. is also "flat-volumes = no" . Since all other apps are working fine I assume it is a Firefox problem.

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2019/10/31, 16:29:30 »
I finally sorted it by creating a new profile, I decided now lockwise is part of Firefox from 70 I would have a Firefox account so syncing my bookmarks and passwords was simple. I use QTpass for sensitive passwords but I think  lockwise is fine for general site stuff.