BUGS > 2012.1.1

installer automount bug

<< < (2/4) > >>

agaida:
Hi all,

i don't think that Mark S. starts to make a big mistake. He drives "his" Linux in the direction he wants. Some of us like it, some not. But thats not the point. In general we can say ubuntu != "Linux", And {siduction, debian, arch, slack, slack, gentoo} != "Linux" too. There is a Kernel with a few DEs, programs and tools around. The so called "Linux". I prefer siduction and arch more than the other projects, but i do not judge them. For me the reason of using  siduction or arch is: "It works for me"™

Other users may have other preferences than me, but they have the choice to search and find and eventually develop their own "Linux".

ralul:
@agaida +1
And: Linux-Mint success is on the desktop. But the desktop is dead (marketshare of desktop systems slow down - and that also is the reason for Ms to not fight Linux anymore). But Mark S. wants to sell hardware - tablets. That is all about regarding Unity.

devil:
I do not believe in the "the desktop is dead" myth at all. It's been made up by marketing people as far as I am concerned.

greetz
devil

dibl:

--- Quote from: "devil" ---I do not believe in the "the desktop is dead" myth at all. It's been made up by marketing people as far as I am concerned.

--- End quote ---

+1

I don't want to encode videos and rip CDs on my tablet or android phone!  Much less run a VM.

holgerw:

--- Quote from: "devil" ---I do not believe in the "the desktop is dead" myth at all. It's been made up by marketing people as far as I am concerned.

greetz
devil
--- End quote ---

Hello Ferdinand,

I think you're right, it is marketing. My questions to people, who proclame the death of desktop:
Do you produce longer articels with your tablet or smartphone?
Do you modify all our digital photos with your tablet or smartphone?
Do you think that apart from your needs there is no need anymore for writing long articels or modifying digital photos?

After such questions the d-i-d myth is dead :-)

Kind reagrds,
  Holger

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version