Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  SOLVED (with workaround) Plasma vs. [s]kernel 4.19.12-towo.1[/s] systemd 240?  (Read 6438 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
@seasons - erm, no, we (sid+$foo) are the guinea pigs per definition
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
I do like that, that means that I as a user do a tiny bit of helping the development of debian.

Offline seasons

• User
@melmarker, we had this discussion before. You can say "erm, no" all you want, but it won't change my opinion that major systemd version bumps screw up more than most packages and in ways that are more than annoying/inconvenient (unbootable system). It also takes longer for the fixes to roll out (longer than towo's kernels, for example). I will be extra cautious upgrading to new major versions of systemd and encourage others to do the same. I'd also like to see systemd prereleases in experimental. That is my opinion. You are welcome to feel differently, but don't expect my opinion to change until the situation does.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc.

Offline titan

• User
It looks more to me that the systemd upgrade exposed problems with a Debian only patch, apparently works fine on other distros and desktops.
from the bug report 
 pam_limits.so in Debian ships a custom patch, which reads the limits from PID 1 and set those for login sessions. So, ultimately, it's both a bug in pam_limits but also kinit, which should behave more sensibly if rlimit is set to a high value.