Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] shift key not working in scrotwm and xmonad  (Read 3103 times)

catalinsb

[EN] shift key not working in scrotwm and xmonad
« on: 2012/01/06, 22:51:27 »
I am curious if anyone else is using any of these two tilling window managers, and has the same problem - the shift key is not working. Precisely, some key bindings like Mod+Shift+Enter for launching the terminal, or Mod+shift+1 for moving the focused window to another workspace.

Other combinations not related to scrotwm or xmonad like shift+delete works just fine.

I am using siduction amd64 lxde.

Maybe this helps?

Code: [Select]
$ cat /etc/default/keyboard
# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

XKBMODEL="linux"
XKBLAYOUT="us"
XKBVARIANT=""
XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch,compose:lwin,grp:alt_shift_toggle"

BACKSPACE="guess"

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
RE: shift key not working in scrotwm and xmonad
« Reply #1 on: 2012/01/06, 22:59:48 »
What is the Mod-Key?
If it is left win, then compose:lwin is your problem.
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

catalinsb

« Reply #2 on: 2012/01/06, 23:02:49 »
In scrotwm and xmonad Mod-Key is alt. (or left alt, I have a keyboard with left alt and alt gr)

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2012/01/10, 09:54:55 »
I have a similar problem with i3. The mod key is  alt and most functions work but not alt-shift-E which normally shuts down i3 (but not X)  and takes you back to the logon manager. It may an issue with lightdm although I still have a problem without a dm. This is on the lxde version can someone say what dm is used on the xfce version. I run i3 without problems on most other dm's.

thanks

catalinsb

« Reply #4 on: 2012/01/10, 20:00:37 »
If I remember correctly in xfce is used gdm3. Don't know if this helps, but I had not the problem in pure debian sid, without any dm (just basic system packages, and x11), so maybe this problem is not necessary related to any dm?