Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Language bug  (Read 2222 times)

Offline eriefisher

• User
[EN] Language bug
« on: 2023/09/16, 01:42:10 »
After some trouble and reinstalling I'm getting things set up to my preference. So far so good. One of the things I've done post install was localepurge, however I noticed this bit and I'm not sure what's causing it or where to change it. It seem I still have some German language(assuming) in my system. Any ideas on how to get this to display in English?

Offline ro_sid

• User
Re: Language bug
« Reply #1 on: 2023/09/16, 02:29:46 »
Without additional information:
(As root) "dpkg-reconfigure locales" - additionally select whatever you like, but chose an "en_..." locale as "default".
If it is Siduction's KDE variant: Check all entries in "system settings" -> "regions & settings", that they are not on "German", yes your "Arbeitsfläche" is indeed German, but on English/US settings.
When you change anything you have at least to log out to be sure about settings to take effect. A reboot is even safer  :).

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2023/09/16, 02:52:44 »
Sorry, I should have mentioned this is in XFCE4. However, I also had it on my other laptop that used XFWM stand alone but it only showed up when editing the panel settings. I thought they were just images. Strange that its in panel items in both cases.

I'll try the reconfigure and see what happens.

Offline Penyelam

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2023/09/16, 10:39:16 »
I guess "Arbeitsfläche 1" is only the name of your current workspace.
There should be an option to rename it.
Sorry I've no XFCE.

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2023/09/16, 12:48:05 »
So after a dpkg-reconfigure locales and a reboot had no effect I started to poke around. In the Settings Manager under Workspaces you can name the Workspaces anything you choose so I did. I just assume it's just a left over from build time somehow.