Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  how to reach the wiki in English  (Read 4143 times)

crankypuss

how to reach the wiki in English
« on: 2016/01/20, 00:19:42 »
The Language setting does not seem to carry over to the wiki, how to set English?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: how to reach the wiki in English
« Reply #1 on: 2016/01/20, 00:27:54 »
Most parts of the wiki atr not translated (yet). The manual is though.

greetz
devil

crankypuss

« Reply #2 on: 2016/01/20, 00:39:23 »
Ok, understood.  Found what I needed in the manual, DD to USB stick just like jessie or stretch.  Will try install soon if checksum is okay.  Thanks.

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/01/20, 08:41:56 »
If there is a special part of the wiki one needs translated to english, please ask for it here or PM me. I'll try ASAP then, but may take a few days.

greets
ayla

crankypuss

« Reply #4 on: 2016/01/20, 10:10:29 »
Thanks ayla.  Seems like people are serious about this distro; most excellent!

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2016/01/20, 18:34:31 »
@cranky welcome to the siduction forum!  FYI, once you have it installed, there are very few aspects of your siduction system and configuration that don't follow the same as a pure Debian system, so you should normally first check for Debian wiki guidance (which is extensive) and if it concerns the desktop environment, the Arch wiki also often has what you need.  As you have found, the siduction manual is very good for siduction-specific items, and finally this forum is a good last resort when the other sources don't seem to address your issue.  Again, welcome!   :)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

crankypuss

« Reply #6 on: 2016/01/20, 21:43:17 »
@cranky welcome to the siduction forum!

Thanks.  I have great hopes for siduction as a distro.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #7 on: 2016/01/20, 22:20:11 »
Well, our hopes, you get it running on a ASUS T100 are not really that high :(

greetz
devil

crankypuss

« Reply #8 on: 2016/01/23, 10:48:33 »
Well, our hopes, you get it running on a ASUS T100 are not really that high :(

I'm not here to bust your chops, I think siduction can become something great, but what I keep running into is this superiority thing where elitist snobs like yourself are referring to the ASUS T100 as a "stupid assembled platform", as if linux is only for soldering-iron geeks who assemble a rack-mount system from hand-selected components.  I've gone that route, but a laptop is more practical for my situation, and until things change somewhat, every laptop is what the maker is selling.  It's a despicable little piece of shit system, but it's about the best that the industry offers for a 10" form factor.  It's what I'm trying to work with.  Please get over your attitude if you expect me to get over mine.

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
« Reply #9 on: 2016/01/23, 15:29:44 »
One thing is sure, devil is one of the least elitist persons you will ever meet on the net.
β€žEs irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.β€œ  (Goethe, Faust)