Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA  (Read 25266 times)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
Re: REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA
« Reply #15 on: 2013/10/27, 22:53:22 »
Excellent.

Now here's something strange.  My email notification of your reply #12 came as English.  The email notification to your reply #14 came in German.  Bug or feature?   
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #16 on: 2013/10/27, 23:34:11 »
it can be, that it has to do with the language of the poster - melmarker is now in english - we will see, i get those mails too.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline agaida

• User
    • http://g-com.eu
« Reply #17 on: 2013/10/27, 23:49:49 »
ok - when the notification about this post is in german, the notification is in the posters language - if it is so i would call this crap and report this upstream  ;D

Edit: hmm - strange, melmarker get a notification in english - this is how it should be. Are you sure, that english is the default language in your profile?
« Last Edit: 2013/11/02, 17:54:10 by agaida »
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2013/10/28, 03:36:14 »
English is the default language in my profile.  The email notification from melmarker came in English.  Only your reply #14 came in German so far.  Let's see if I get another in German before filing any bugs.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow, so, I'll be playing with the site using Android if I get time.  That should be interesting.
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2013/10/28, 06:21:35 »
Hi,

nice new look, good work!

Only thing I miss: I don't get the "new" notification on the Forum overview. I can work around this by using "show unread" of course or having a look at the date stamps.

Is this caused by my settings? I can't find any to set this.

My preferred language is set to german, but forum shows up in english, have to set it manually ev'ry time.

Both no big deal of course :)

greets and thanks
ayla

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2013/10/28, 13:07:54 »

My preferred language is set to german, but forum shows up in english, have to set it manually ev'ry time.
For me it's the oposite, set to English, shows up after each reboot as German.

Offline agaida

• User
« Reply #21 on: 2013/10/28, 18:57:22 »
@ayla:

and

Question: Which Board will contain new, unread messages? :D
There's this special biologist word we use for "stable". It's "dead". ~ Jack Cohen

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #22 on: 2013/10/28, 19:22:14 »
My preferred language is set to German, but the forum is english. Yes I can .. change it to german manually.

And while on it, hers some critics:
Using flags to symbolize languages isn't appreciated everywhere, but I can understand it makes it easy to accomplish a task. However I never ever would us the US flag for english.

Appart from the new varnish (and probabely a framework that facilitates administration) I am not entusiastic about the new layout. I hope it's not the final one.

In case someone is interested, the header is a waste of space.
The main frame, the forum itself, does not expand which compared to the old layout is a regression. It makes the whol thing looooooooong.

The lefthand menu still has some more or less redundant items, but is missing a link to the map which could give an overview to some hidden content (We had this "discussion", now we have it again). And finaly a link to the IRC would be invitating to really use it and thus help new users to easily get in direct contact. (Yes, there is this button on each desktop, but it's the only road to Rome. Why not *built* anotherone).

And there is a missfunction,too: While on the editor, I can only mark text within the first 10 lines. I cannot mark it using the mouse within the following lines.

The editors own logic to (dis-)respect or eat newlines is a POS. If there is a way to disable it, please do so, if not, that's a regression, too.
Same goes for the marking logic: It's assumptions of what it thinks I liked to mark is nearly 100% wrong.
« Last Edit: 2013/10/28, 19:32:50 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #23 on: 2013/10/28, 19:39:28 »
Thanks agaida,

got it now, after seeing your example.

Forum shows up in german now as expected.

greets
ayla

« Last Edit: 2013/10/28, 19:41:22 by ayla »

Gabriel_M

« Reply #24 on: 2013/10/28, 21:30:26 »
The new forum is for my visually pleasing.
Also I find it faster.
Congratulations   

Offline Geier0815

• User
« Reply #25 on: 2013/10/29, 09:55:26 »
There is a little problem with the as "neu" marked Threads: If you click on the "new"-link, you can not see in the tread which posts are new. Read and unread post are still look the same.

Is there a way to get to my own profile other than click on my own name in the "who is online"?
Wenn Windows die Lösung ist...
kann ich dann bitte das Problem zurück haben?

Offline agaida

• User
« Reply #26 on: 2013/10/29, 10:18:32 »
@Geier0815:
its up to you - just look at the posting date - and without jokes: it seems to be a good idea to mark the whole forum as read initially. if you revisit the forum, only the Boards and threads with new posts are marked. if you look into the boards on a regular base, the posts with posting dates 'today' and 'yesterda' are new.

Regarding the profile: If you look into the left menu you will find a block with "Recent Posts, Calendar, Profile, Members, Statistics, help" - there you will find the things you need.

@All: If one miss some menu entries, posts or topics - it might be a good idea to clear the browser cache and/or restart the browser of your choice. devil told me yesterday that this might solve unexpected behavior of smf eventually.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #27 on: 2013/10/29, 10:20:19 »

Your profile should show in the 2nd menu block on the left, between 'Calendar' and 'Members'. As to the question, how to get to tjhe latest post: there is a little => on the very right side of the topics, the 'New' is just an indicator of a new post to that topic.

greetz
devil

Offline Geier0815

• User
« Reply #28 on: 2013/10/29, 11:45:03 »
Was the second block yesterday there? If so, I'm blind, shame on me.

As I see in the profile I should be able to give and recive "thanks". Will this be enabled in the future or is it enabled and I'm blind again?

Is the WAP2 the only "style" for mobiles?
Wenn Windows die Lösung ist...
kann ich dann bitte das Problem zurück haben?

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #29 on: 2013/10/29, 13:07:29 »
Forum is still englisch although I set "German" als preferred language.
Now, for testing, I changed the setting to "English", and guess what, the forum now is German for me, without me doing anything else.
No joke!
This setting, is this stored on the forum server or is it a cookie only? IOW, each time I clear all my cookies do I have to resett my preferred language to German?

And as to my above critics concerning the layout which you do not seem do understand, it is based on the fact that the new forum is a layout desaster *with opera* which worked fine with the old one.
« Last Edit: 2013/10/29, 13:40:43 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake