BUGS > Archiv Wiki

Question - How i can boot iso directly from Grub2 / Burg ???

(1/2) > >>

inukaze:
Someone can help me , How i make lines inside the "grub.cfg"  from boot directly from iso ? , i try with the follow lines

menuentry ‘Siduction 14.1.0 (Live ISO)’ –class debian –class gnu-linux –class gnu –class os –group group_main {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod ext2
insmod part_msdos
set root=’(hd1,1)’
echo “Iniciando Siduction 14.1.0 – Modo Live ISO”
set isofile=”/ISOS/Linux/siduction-14.1.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201405081704.iso”
loopback loop (hd1,1)$isofile
linux (loop)/boot/vmlinuz0.amd locale=es_ES bootkbd=es console-setup/layoutcode=es quiet splash
iso-scan/filename=$isofile noprompt noeject
echo “Introduciendome en la memoria Ram …”
initrd (loop)/boot/initrd0.amd
}

But i got this - http://tinypic.com/3ia3wjd3

BusyBox , I can't Boot Live Mode . Someone can help me , what i must fix in the lines ???

dibl:
I cannot say what is wrong with your menu entry, but I can say that it does not look a lot like the guidance and examples that I can find, which happen to be for Ubuntu.  You should manually mount and examine the paintitblack iso that you have, and examine the contents to confirm whether it is similar or different in structure to the Ubuntu examples.

Here is a different approach, using Unetbootin to automatically write the grub menu entry.  The thought of that makes me nervous -- better back up grub.cfg first.  But you might be braver than me. :D

melmarker:
i don't care whats wrong with the entry, because every time i try to set this up by hand i make mistakes  - therefore i would suggest our package grub2-fll-fromiso instead of reinventing the wheel.

piper:

--- Quote from: melmarker ---i don't care whats wrong with the entry, because every time i try to set this up by hand i make mistakes  - therefore i would suggest our package grub2-fll-fromiso instead of reinventing the wheel.
--- End quote ---
+1

then use 40_custom and enter something like (you will have to modify to match where the iso is)

--- Quote ---menuentry "Siduction-Live-lxqt" {
    insmod iso9660
    insmod part_msdos
    insmod reiserfs
    set root='hd1,msdos5'
    if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
      search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos5 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos5 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos5 --hint='hd1,msdos5'  ecf8c612-b748-4c4c-8ac6-d983ab0504ec
    else
      search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ecf8c612-b748-4c4c-8ac6-d983ab0504ec
    fi
    loopback loop /siduction/siduction-14.1.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201405082315.iso
    linux (loop)/boot/vmlinuz0.amd fromhd=UUID=ecf8c612-b748-4c4c-8ac6-d983ab0504ec fromiso=/siduction/siduction-14.1.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201405082315.iso boot=fll lang=en_US tz=America/New York quiet noeject toram
    initrd (loop)/boot/initrd0.amd
}
--- End quote ---

dibl:

--- Quote from: piper on 2014/05/17, 23:12:45 ---.
........ tz=America/New York ...

--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh -- and I thought Ferdi was the Devil!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version