Siduction Forum > Installation - Support

[EN] Hibernation problem

(1/4) > >>

lanig:
Hi all,

I have a Ryzen system since a few years which couldn't be hibernated by Debian 10, 11, and 12.
Siduction is the first one that could actually hibernate it although in a little bit funky way:

* Sometimes pm-hibernate returns without hibernating but wil hibernate properly if the command is launched again
* Sometimes hibernate without power shutdown (manually switching off the system is then ok)
* Sometimes it works exactly like pm-hibernate is supposed to do it.Since a few days pm-hibernates fails more often and in a way that requires a forced shutdown.
At this time, a have never ending switch between X and the console with a message that says something like "unable to create image" without the possibility to CTRL-C the pm-hibernate process.
I do have a swap, which is a little less than twice my memory size.
I suspect the last kernel upgrade being linked to the occurrence of this problem.
Any idea ?

sda                                             8:0    0 447,1G  0 disk 
├─sda1                                          8:1    0   476M  0 part 
├─sda2                                          8:2    0  14,9G  0 part  [SWAP]
├─sda3                                          8:3    0 139,7G  0 part 

eriefisher:

--- Quote from: lanig on 2023/12/02, 21:33:11 ---
I suspect the last kernel upgrade being linked to the occurrence of this problem.
Any idea ?

--- End quote ---

Can you confirm this by booting another kernel?

lanig:
Sorry for being late.
linux-image-6.6.6-1-siduction-amd64   fails systematically to hibernate on my box :  after pm-hibernate, either I my session is interrupted and I am sent to login screen, screen switchs endlessly off and on or after reboot I have the login screen instead of my session.

linux-image-6.6.4-1-siduction-amd64 seems to be fine.

hendrikL:
Mh, maybe dmesg or journalctl showing some error or failure messages?

Mister00X:
Additionally to what hendrikL said have you tried invoking hibernate via systemd?
Does

--- Code: ---# systemctl hibernate

--- End code ---
fail too?

Also just out of interest, what does

--- Code: ---$ dmesg | grep "ACPI: PM: (supports"
--- End code ---
say?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version