Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] migrate to siduction : only mails / icedove prob  (Read 2994 times)

Offline rueX

• User
[EN] migrate to siduction : only mails / icedove prob
« on: 2014/02/03, 12:51:55 »
hi there,

since months - i want to migrate to siduction,

but only my "important" mails (files: sent and receiving ca. 2 years-big) in icedove are the only reason - not to do that.

Is it possible to copy all .icedove - files on stick or DVD ( ca. 2GB )

To paste it on fresh-installed-siduction ??

Or is more to do ? To handle with this old mails ?

best wishes

rue with no road

Offline michaaa62

• User
Re: migrate to siduction : only mails / icedove prob
« Reply #1 on: 2014/02/03, 15:25:21 »
Did you try to import the profile folder with those cryptic name in your old .icedove/ folder?
Did you try to use import features of icedove?
Did you try to just plainly copy over the complete .icedove/ folder (, which i always do)?

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/02/03, 16:26:12 »
It should be no problem to copy your mails from one icedove to another. I sometimes copy a Windows Thunderbird profiles /Mail -subfolder into an icedove /Mail -subfolder and have access to all archived messages.

You can test it without corrupting your mails: copy the ~/.icedove/profilenamehere/Mail subfolder and its subsubfolders to a stick, boot a livesystem, install icedove in  livesystem, copy from stick to /home/siducer/.icedove/profilenamehere/Mail and open icedove to see if all your mails are there. If so, it should work as well in a real install.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline rueX

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/02/03, 18:34:28 »
hey in echt jetzt, krass !

English: whow :)