Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] How to install software in siduction?  (Read 3016 times)

marcin34

[EN] How to install software in siduction?
« on: 2017/10/09, 10:52:20 »
Hi there  :D

I m new user of the seduction linux. After easy instalation i don t know how to install a new software like examply : chrome, libreoffice witg polish leangue..... etc.
Is there any software center in siduction or programs like synaptic? When i m use ubunto or mint there was a few commend like sudo pat, update, install? Is that the same way in siduction?

PS. Sorry for my English.

Cheers from Poland :-*

Offline Geier0815

• User
Re: How to install software in siduction?
« Reply #1 on: 2017/10/09, 13:38:42 »
apt [search|install|remove|etc.] works as in ubuntu, but you don't need the "sudo". For maintenance your system login as root in a shell.
Wenn Windows die Lösung ist...
kann ich dann bitte das Problem zurück haben?

Offline tommy2

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2017/10/09, 13:46:13 »
Hi and welcome to Siduction. Since you are familiar with "apt" from Ubunto you can use it here also, you may want to look at the manual for specifics though as doing full-upgrades is best done on the command line. Enjoy and welcome to one of the best Linux rolling releases I have found.

Tom

Offline cas

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2017/10/09, 20:51:31 »
Hello Marcin,
there is no softwarecenter.
In siduction (in contrast to other debian variants) you should use exclusively apt or apt-get!

Did you have a look at
https://manual.siduction.org/sys-admin-apt  ? It exists in several languages, including Polish.
It is an essential reading.

Although the manual is said not to be very up-to-date in all aspects, this part should still be vaild.

greetings, C

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2017/10/11, 01:19:24 »
cas mentioned the relevant manual. hint: have a look also at the last part about packagesearch, it will help you searching for packages in the repos using a gui