Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] [Solved] Siduction LXDE Not Starting from Live USB Thumb Drive  (Read 2926 times)

UP2L8

I'm not able to start Siduction from a live USB thumb drive.  I can boot to the menu, but selecting either of the Siduction start options results in the following:

Detected live squashfs filesystem on /dev/sdb1
Failed to mount squashfs filesystem

(some BusyBox stuff)

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)

Machine specs:  Dell Studio 1557, 8gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics chip, currently triple-booting Windows 7, CrunchBang 11, and CrunchBang 11 tracking Sid.  Siduction LXDE will replace CrunchBang 11 tracking Sid.

The LiveUSB thumb drive was created following the steps outlined in the Siduction manual.

Edit:  The issue was due to the thumb drive not being formatted correctly.  I formatted the drive as FAT32, reinstalled Siduction, and now Siduction starts.  Now I just need to figure out how to go through the setup and not have root and /home on separate partitions when installing to my hard drive.  :P
« Last Edit: 2014/01/03, 09:08:52 by melmarker »

Offline DeepDayze

• User
Also its a good thing to make sure the USB stick is clean with no extraneous files or partitions on it, otherwise it could fail like what happened to you.