Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Qt 5.5 Transition started - D-U want´s to remove pck´s  (Read 8371 times)

Offline slaughterer

• User
Is it safe to proceed?D-U will discard the following packages:

frameworkintegration kde-config-touchpad ksysguard libkf5webkit5 libprocessui7 libqt5designer5 libqt5designercomponents5 libqt5webkit5 plasma-desktop plasma-widgets-addons plasma-workspace qml-module-qtwebkit qttools5-dev-tools
« Last Edit: 2015/10/22, 12:14:57 by devil »

Santa

Re: D-U want´s to remove pck´s
« Reply #1 on: 2015/10/22, 11:35:58 »

frameworkintegration kde-config-touchpad ksysguard libkf5webkit5 libprocessui7 libqt5designer5 libqt5designercomponents5 libqt5webkit5 plasma-desktop plasma-widgets-addons plasma-workspace qml-module-qtwebkit qttools5-dev-tools

Nope, it seems the Qt 5.5 transition started, please wait a bit before dist-upgrading, working on a fix for kdenext.

Offline slaughterer

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2015/10/22, 11:38:53 »

Nope, it seems the Qt 5.5 transition started, please wait a bit before dist-upgrading, working on a fix for kdenext.

Tnx for the fast response.

Santa

« Reply #3 on: 2015/10/22, 11:46:50 »

Santa

Re: Qt 5.5 Transition started - D-U want´s to remove pck´s
« Reply #4 on: 2015/10/22, 20:06:03 »
Dist-upgrading with kdenext is now safe except for calibre, so if you are using kdenext and you don't have this package you should be able to upgrade without problems, please let me know if that's not the case for you.

Offline Pip

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2015/10/22, 20:16:04 »
Looks good to me, Santa, no removals at all. Thank you!

Offline jure

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2015/10/22, 20:21:27 »
hi Santa,

here with kdenext libopenraw1 is replaced by libopenraw1v5 (ok) and libgegl-0.2-0, qlandkartegt would be removed

Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgegl-0.2-0 libopenraw1 qlandkartegt
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  firmware-amd-graphics firmware-misc-nonfree libopenraw1v5
The following packages have been kept back:
  libgraphicsmagick3
The following packages will be upgraded: 96 upgraded
Gruss Juergen

Offline slaughterer

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2015/10/22, 20:59:33 »
At the time I am working throw out xfce. I shall wait a few more hours.

Offline clubex

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2015/10/22, 21:13:01 »
Thanks Santa.

Though there was a slight problem. After the du all I didn't even reach a login screen merely a black screen. A reboot was no help.

journalct -b -p err told me that sddm-greeter couldn't find the Qt platform "xcb". It also went on to list the available plugins but the list didn't contain anything relating to xcb.

Using apt-cache I found the plugin libqt5cxbqpa5 was available. After installing it and rebooting I reached the login screen and finally to the desktop.

I don't know why libqt5xcbqpa5 was missing but the above solution might help someone else.

Santa

« Reply #9 on: 2015/10/22, 21:46:43 »

Hi,

hi Santa,

here with kdenext libopenraw1 is replaced by libopenraw1v5 (ok) and libgegl-0.2-0, qlandkartegt would be removed

Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgegl-0.2-0 libopenraw1 qlandkartegt
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  firmware-amd-graphics firmware-misc-nonfree libopenraw1v5
The following packages have been kept back:
  libgraphicsmagick3
The following packages will be upgraded: 96 upgraded

Thanks for noticing, this is indeed a problem but not related to the Qt transition but a different one, good news is that this is already fixed in debian, apparently:
https://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qlandkartegt/news/20151022T185027Z.html
so as soon as your mirror shows up the -3 package I guess you will get it fixed.

Thanks Santa.

Though there was a slight problem. After the du all I didn't even reach a login screen merely a black screen. A reboot was no help.

journalct -b -p err told me that sddm-greeter couldn't find the Qt platform "xcb". It also went on to list the available plugins but the list didn't contain anything relating to xcb.

Using apt-cache I found the plugin libqt5cxbqpa5 was available. After installing it and rebooting I reached the login screen and finally to the desktop.

I don't know why libqt5xcbqpa5 was missing but the above solution might help someone else.

It seems, indeed we are inheriting some kind of problem from debian:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=802656

domicius

« Reply #10 on: 2015/10/22, 22:56:08 »
On my system, apart from calibre, mysql-workbench also wants to be removed. I figured out eventually that's part of the gdal-1.11.3 transition.

@Santa, other than checking tracker.debian.org or trying to go through all of packages' dependencies vs. what gets updated, is there a different way to figure out why a package wants to be removed?

Offline ghstryder

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2015/10/23, 03:27:04 »
Thank you, clubex!

Same issue here, it never reached the sddm screen. I did not have the error you found using journalctl -b -p err (or any that seemed like they would prevent it reaching the sddm screen). I did see that libqt5xcbqpa5 was not installed and gave it a try. Without your hint, there is no way I would have found this.

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #12 on: 2015/10/23, 09:53:31 »
..., is there a different way to figure out why a package wants to be removed?

Code: [Select]
aptitude why-not $pkg can be very helpful in this context (and 'aptitude why $pkg' if one wants to know why a package wants to be installed or can not be removed without pulling away a lot of stuff).
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline orinoco

• User
  • Bullshit artist
« Reply #13 on: 2015/10/23, 10:02:51 »
Thanks Santa.

For me the posting of the day. I ran into the same problem this morning and was totally clueless. Thank you very much.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #14 on: 2015/10/23, 16:16:53 »
Thank you, clubex!

+1 (x2 machines)

System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO