Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Beware of some fallout in the next few days - Qt 5.7.1 transition started  (Read 9562 times)

Offline vilde

• User
A lot of talk about KDE here, nothing wrong with that but is it ok to d-u xfce now?

I have one package that will be removed, libqt5xdg1, it has been the same the last days, same package to be removed.

Offline samoht

• User
Confirm that: d-u today seems to have solved the problem for me.

@vilde: hijacking this thread is not appreciated - pls open a new thread.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Two KF5/plasma5 systems (1 laptop, 1 desktop) fully updated today, no problems on either one.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
vilde: let it go
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
I had no problems after today's d-u in a virtual siduction system (KDE).

Offline vilde

• User
Thank you melmarker. By the way, I'm not able to quote posts here, when I press quote I just return to the same side again.

Offline orinoco

• User
  • Bullshit artist
I can't confirm this. My testsystem (paintitblack plain install, only d-u, no further usage) shows no window decoration. My notebook with intel onboard-graphics still freezes, crashes and now a black screen after starting plasma. My main desktop hasn't been upgraded since two weeks to preserve one working system. I'm little bit unhappy with the current situation...

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
The situation has been resolved. You need to dist-upgrade. If you have libqt5qml5 version 5.7.1~20161021-5 available, you are fine. If not, your mirror is slow.

Offline orinoco

• User
  • Bullshit artist
Thanks devil,

my last d-u on the notebook was yesterday evening. Now the plasma desktop is back with d-u five minutes ago. But my testsystems has still no window decoration.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Than that would be a seperate issue. Is kwin-x11 installed? Does installing kde-standard do anything?

Offline vayu

• User
Two days ago SDDM broke and I couldn't get into KDE. After yesterday's du, everything is working great again.  Are we still needing to watch for the qt transition?

Offline cas

• User
The situation has been resolved.  ... If not, your mirror is slow.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
It's done (all but one package on architectures we do not use')
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/qtbase-abi-5-7-1.html

Offline zash1958

• User
Today made an d-u on 2 KDE systems here. All is running fine and up to now no errors found!

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
@zash1958 - don't give up and trust me - you will find some soon or later 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)