Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  journalctl  (Read 3406 times)

id027102

journalctl
« on: 2018/10/21, 13:05:16 »
Can somebody help , I cannot find anything on the following line in journalctl :
systemd[1]: getty.target: Wants dependency dropin /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service target /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service has different name
How to solve it ?
Thanks

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: journalctl
« Reply #1 on: 2018/10/21, 15:04:37 »
Not really a clou, but an insight from my system: /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service target here is a link to /lib/systemd/system/getty@.service. And /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service is as well a link to that same file.
Code: [Select]
ls -lan /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Feb 11  2016 'getty@tty1.service' -> '/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service'

ls -lan /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 14 Sep 25 16:11 /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service -> getty@.service
Perhaps this gives you some hints...
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

id027102

« Reply #2 on: 2018/10/21, 21:47:42 »
The same here, but why "HAS DIFFERENT NAMES"

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #3 on: 2018/10/22, 00:27:34 »
On my LXQt system, which runs problem-free, I find this line in journalctl:

systemd[1]: getty.target: Wants dependency dropin /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service target /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.se
It's a very long line and runs off the right edge of the terminal, so you have to capture all of it to see the entire line.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

id027102

« Reply #4 on: 2018/10/22, 10:12:31 »
I captured the entire line and it is the entire line in first post.
My system run also problem-free(I think) , but I think something is not correct, else why this message ?

It is like ntpd cannot access 0.debian.pool.ntp.org , but system also run problem-free, here it was because ntpd started before the network interface was fully initialized, delaying start of ntpd solved the problem (and no lines anymore in journalctl)

In respons from der_bud, /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service point to getty@.service in /lib/systemd/system
Mine point to /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service which then point to getty@.service, , so letting getty@tty1.service in /etc/systemd/....... point to getty@.service i.s.o. autovt@.service in /lib/systemd..... solve the problem.Line disappeared in journalctl.

Offline paco

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2020/02/09, 18:48:11 »
Hi all,
this really annoying message appears still in the latest siduction-patience-kde-amd64-latest.iso of 2020-02-03 (thanks to devil and to the whole team).
Feb 09 18:06:08 xyz systemd[1]: getty.target: Wants dependency dropin /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service target /lib/systemd/system/autovt@.service has different nameI didn't understand how to fix this "problem".
Your hint is very much appreciated.
Thanks
paco

Offline paco

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2020/02/09, 18:53:25 »
I fear, that applying the fix proposed by id027102 might confuse the system in further updates!?