Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  (solved!) Problem mit nginx.service nach dist-upgrade  (Read 4252 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: (solved!) Problem mit nginx.service nach dist-upgrade
« Reply #15 on: 2020/05/10, 22:26:35 »
The main problem with zoom seems to be that it was released with default "promiscuous" settings, i.e. very easy to use and very vulnerable to unwanted "guests". The oldsters who I know think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I told them to dump it, or else set it to "Hosted Chat" mode by the first one starting a chat, admission of guests needs to be approved, based on recognizing who is asking to enter a chat, etc. Supposedly it's less vulnerable when you do that.  Personally I use wire for the tiny bit of chatting that I do.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline eriefisher

• User
« Reply #16 on: 2020/05/10, 23:12:32 »
Funny. Im not familiar with wire and just looked it up on my phone. Just tells me my browser not supported please update to the latest chrome ff etc. Droid phone.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #17 on: 2020/05/11, 01:02:30 »
I use the actual Debian package from wire on a KDE or LXQt desktop, but I know it has a browser implementation that I have not used. You get a limited number of free installations before you have to pay.  I don't have to pay.   

https://wire-app.wire.com/linux/debian

I set it up as a source repo in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

8)
« Last Edit: 2020/05/11, 01:10:16 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline graviton

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2020/05/11, 11:47:48 »
The video conferences with Jitisi worked well with Firefox 75.x.x, but since the current Firefox 76.0.2 and its adjustments for zoom etc., Jitsi no longer works with Firefox.

The advantage of Jitsi is: no account required, encrypted, open source, free of charge. Start only one conference and forward the name of the conference to the participants. Jitsi is completely sufficient for me and my students for online lessons.
graviton
« Last Edit: 2020/05/11, 11:52:19 by graviton »

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #19 on: 2020/05/12, 15:48:47 »
I use google duo for my kids/grandkids and google meet for my clients

I had everyone that uses a iphone switch to google duo, the response I get is that duo kicks facetime ass in video/sound quality and leaves zoom in the dust.

I was told zoom was hard to use compared to duo, I have no clue, I don't use it.

I use duo both on my phone and computer (nothing to install)

I use firefox 78
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2020/05/18, 06:41:13 »
Regarding jitsi - it works well on google chrome, chromium. Suppose they will be fixing that some day for firefox, too.

My mother is a happy user of Jitsi, which is provided by the university IT team as embedded component in the moodle learning platform at her University

best
absolut

Offline unklarer

• User
« Reply #21 on: 2020/05/18, 10:20:08 »
^ At Jitsi I might be allowed to link to it for interested people.   ;)

Offline graviton

• User
« Reply #22 on: 2020/05/18, 11:31:47 »
Last week there was an update for Firefox, which solved the problem with jitsi. Firefox works again.

graviton