Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] siduction 2015.1 Dev-Release  (Read 7648 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User

Offline vilde

• User
Re: siduction 2015.1 Dev-Release
« Reply #1 on: 2016/01/01, 00:56:26 »
Thank you for this devil and thank you to the whole siduction team, I am waiting for a new hard disk to arrive in one or two days and a new release couldn’t have come more on time than this.

I like the release with nonfree to get the wireless network work without hassle direct from installation media, even if I like the idea with only free software I need to have my network working.

I wish you all a happy new year and so on.....

Ola

Edit: It's a big image, around 1gb, is this because of nonfree or did you put more stuff in to the release?
« Last Edit: 2016/01/01, 01:51:49 by vilde »

Offline ghstryder

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2016/01/01, 01:47:51 »
Thanks devil and everyone else who had a hand in this! What a great way to begin the New Year.

holgerw

« Reply #3 on: 2016/01/01, 16:05:16 »
Hello,

some hints after a first try of xfce flavour:

1. Booting with toram and german lokalisation -> passed
2. Reconfiguring nm for static ip  -> passed
3. Installation without grub -> passed
4. Reboot with fresh installed system -> passed

- xfce environement looks fine and well preconfigurated
- configuring my m-delta audiofile with PA works, but alsamixer is also needed for setting DAC and DAC1 volume control
- apt-get update gives following output:
Code: [Select]

OK:1 http://packages.siduction.org/extra unstable InRelease
OK:2 http://packages.siduction.org/fixes unstable InRelease                                               
Holen:3 http://mirror.unitedcolo.de/debian unstable InRelease [265 kB]
Es wurden 265 kB in 0 s geholt (448 kB/s).
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-de_DE) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-de) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fixes.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fixes.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fixes.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fixes.list:3
[...]

This should be fixed before final release.

Now I'll try to add plasma-desktop - a feedback follows.

Kind regards,
  Holger

holgerw

« Reply #4 on: 2016/01/01, 16:49:17 »
Hello,

to add plasma5 the following command is needed:
addpkg kde

Using plasma5 as flavour does not work at this moment.

The start of session needs some time but after finishing plasma seems to be okay.

If I found further issues I'll report them.

Kind regards,
  Holger

joji

« Reply #5 on: 2016/01/02, 19:35:37 »
Thank you very much. Again : nice piece of work! Very nice, indeed.

But first : happy new year to all of you who made these new isos possible.

I downloaded also the  xfce flavour. Like the look of the desktop ...

Wish to confirm the remark made by holgerw "
Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extra.list:3
Am confident  : no harm?

Wating for the LXQT version.

Regards,

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #6 on: 2016/01/02, 23:13:16 »
one could and should delete the duplicated lines: http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5967.0
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

holgerw

« Reply #7 on: 2016/01/03, 05:54:21 »
Hi Alf,

one could and should delete the duplicated lines: http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5967.0
yes, of course, but my intention with this hint was not to say "I'm not be able to fix that and I don't want" but "For final release this issue should be fixed".

Thanks for opening a new thread http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5967.0 but I think a new subforum in section of "Bugs" for this new rc of siduction, where we can report such issues is much better for avoiding such missunderstanding.

Kind regards,
  Holger
« Last Edit: 2016/01/03, 06:01:18 by holgerw »

darkplayer

« Reply #8 on: 2016/01/19, 00:20:54 »
Hello,

to add plasma5 the following command is needed:
addpkg kde

Using plasma5 as flavour does not work at this moment.

The start of session needs some time but after finishing plasma seems to be okay.

If I found further issues I'll report them.

Kind regards,
  Holger

Thank you. after running "dpkg kde", I can now log into Plasma5 under 14.1.0 Indiansummer. I am not experiencing any issues thus far.

Thank you,

-DP
« Last Edit: 2016/01/19, 00:27:10 by darkplayer »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #9 on: 2016/01/19, 02:27:40 »
man könnte natürlich auch nen Plasma-Image nehmen / one could download a released plasma image ...
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)