BUGS > 2014.1

Plasma desktop crashes when kde finishes loading

<< < (2/3) > >>

devil:
could you try, if something other than milou has the same effect? Milou is installed per default in the latest release.

greetz
devil

jaegermeister:
Yes I can, this night late.

But do you mean just choosing some other icon among the available ones within the list or install some plugin/program (any suggestion?) to see how an element foreign to base install reacts?

devil:
I guess the latter would make more sense. I guess it does not matter what you choose. I would just like to know if we can pin this to milou or not. Did you remove that before reinstating it?

greetz
devil

jaegermeister:
Hallo devil,

so, in short: it is tied to milou. Btw I removed it from panel, because I wanted it smaller in systray. That's where shit happened.

Long story: I tried activating all other items one by one like meteo or all together (even battery which is meaningless on this workstation), no problem. Then I installed some program like remmina which shows up in tray and set its icon to always show: no problem. Then installed kdeplasma-addons, but unfortunately none of those does show up in tray, they just can be stuck on desktop. I have, anyway, made several of them run at the same time (also the stupid red ball) with the tray superfull: no problem.

After an hour of intensive and creative tests, I can for sure say that milou in systray wreaks havoc. This looks like something to be signaled upstream to kde developers, of which I know none.

devil:
This is probably my fault. Milou is not yet officialy in KDE. As I had (and still have) it running here for almost a year, I integrated it into the new release. After release Santa said that he had told me it was buggy still, but I must've missesd that somehow. I never ran into a prob with it, but I just used it, never tried anythintg else.

greetz
devil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version