Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  launch synaptic  (Read 2824 times)

dartex

launch synaptic
« on: 2015/04/01, 23:34:31 »
hi, I have a problem launching synaptic from menu and icon.
opening it from konsole I have this output:
Code: [Select]
(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImage:stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImageMenuItem:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkImageMenuItem:image is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkToolButton:stock-id is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkButton:xalign is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:right-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkContainer:resize-mode is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:bottom-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:left-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkCellRendererText:background-gdk is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:xscale is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(synaptic:18491): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkAlignment:yscale is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
and then it opens it.

how can I solve this?
thanks!

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: launch synaptic
« Reply #1 on: 2015/04/02, 02:47:50 »
Just installed it, hate the app, but tested it

apt-cache policy synaptic

apt-cache policy synaptic
synaptic:
  Installed: 0.81.3
  Candidate: 0.81.3
  Version table:
 *** 0.81.3 0
        500 http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

piper@x1:~$ su
Password:
root@x1:/home/piper# synaptic
^C
root@x1:/home/piper#

Works fine here app and cli
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

dartex

« Reply #2 on: 2015/04/02, 11:09:00 »
on the other computer it works without problems...
I tried to remove and reinstall, but nothing has changed.

I thought that someone could understand the problem reading the output...

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2015/04/02, 11:36:36 »
Where are the problems with the output? Warnings about deprecation of some functions are warnings - nothing less, nothing more. So the devs should change their code to be save - but until the deprecation isn't done finally no bad things should happend. So i think you have a slightly different problem.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
« Reply #4 on: 2015/04/02, 12:03:13 »
Hello dartex,

yes, the warnings are annoying. It is disturbing especially when you try to do more in the terminal.
It's the gtk library that issues the warnings, and it's a valid question if theese warnings can be disabled.

There is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/1430307
But sorry, no solution yet.

greetings
musca
β€žEs irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.β€œ  (Goethe, Faust)

dartex

« Reply #5 on: 2015/04/02, 13:39:13 »
the problem is not the output.
the problem is that I can't open it from the icon (or from the menu).

I continue to open it from konsole.....

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2015/04/02, 16:25:10 »
I just installed synaptic (KDE-December) and launched it from K-menu. The window asking for root pw opens first, this window belongs to Policykit1-KDE I think. So do you have the right stuff like policykit-1 and polkit-kde-1 installed?
The command used in K-menu (as seen in menueditor) is 'synaptic-pkexec', and that also works from Alt+F2 krunner. Launching synaptic from homerunner-kicker works, too.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

dartex

« Reply #7 on: 2015/04/02, 19:05:38 »
I just installed synaptic (KDE-December) and launched it from K-menu. The window asking for root pw opens first, this window belongs to Policykit1-KDE I think. So do you have the right stuff like policykit-1 and polkit-kde-1 installed?
The command used in K-menu (as seen in menueditor) is 'synaptic-pkexec', and that also works from Alt+F2 krunner. Launching synaptic from homerunner-kicker works, too.

thank you!
i have this installation since a lot of time and it has always worked, it's now some week it has stopped to work.... (due an upgrade I think)
from alt-F2 it doesn't work and in the menu I have synaptic-pkexec too....

I have policykit-1 and polkit-kde-1 installed....  :o

if I am the only with this problem and it's a mystere, it doesn't matter....  ;D