Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  lxsession-logout broken  (Read 2082 times)

Offline brummer

• User
    • http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/
lxsession-logout broken
« on: 2013/12/21, 18:31:23 »
Hi
I must admit that I've didn't made a dist-upgrade for some time, so I've 1248 packages to update, more that 100 to new install, and 14 to remove. However, the update runs smooth without a problem. I've switched from gdm3 to lightdm because gdm3 was marked to be removed. Tested it before dist-upgrade, and all work.
Now, lxsession-logout didn't work any more, when I run it in terminal I get:
Code: [Select]
lxsession-logout

(lxsession-logout:3147): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Kindprozess »lsb_release« konnte nicht ausgeführt werden (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
Speicherzugriffsfehler

I could solve it with
Code: [Select]
apt-get install lsb-releaseeven when lsb_release gives:
No LSB modules are available.
lxsession-logout works again, and the logout widget with all selections is shown again.

So, as I said, didn't update for long time, I didn't know if this is a new issue or long known, or, maybe just infect me in this situation.

Offline brummer

• User
    • http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/
Re: lxsession-logout broken
« Reply #1 on: 2013/12/22, 05:55:31 »
Just notice that the shutdown button didn't work, to make it work I need to remove systemd, which was installed during the dist-upgrade.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: lxsession-logout broken
« Reply #2 on: 2013/12/22, 12:44:21 »
apt-get install systemd-sysv
apt-mark hold systemd-sysv
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)