Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] adding non siduction repository (CLOSED)  (Read 7530 times)

gunmetalsid

[EN] adding non siduction repository (CLOSED)
« on: 2011/12/30, 20:48:08 »
Since flash-player 11 64bit for LinuxMint and pysdm ubuntu all version works flawlessly on my siduction installation, I wonder if I could add non siduction or debian  sid to the repository.  Oneiric Oncelot, may I? If I could, where should I put the repository /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list or siduction.list?

Thanks

siduction = hot and sexy seduction for meh :lol:  :lol:

Regards,
gunmetalsid

Offline DeepDayze

• User
RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #1 on: 2011/12/30, 20:50:42 »
I wouldn't advise using any Ubuntu repos with siduction as such packages CAN and WILL break your system beyond repair or at least make it impossible to dist-upgrade due to the dependencies that may be involved

for Flash x86_64 you can use the flashplugin-nonfree package available in debian

gunmetalsid

Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #2 on: 2011/12/30, 21:18:42 »
Quote from: "DeepDayze"
I wouldn't advise using any Ubuntu repos with siduction as such packages CAN and WILL break your system beyond repair or at least make it impossible to dist-upgrade due to the dependencies that may be involved

for Flash x86_64 you can use the flashplugin-nonfree package available in debian

yeah, oneiric repos would make my hot sexy siduction into an oncelot. :?

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #3 on: 2012/01/01, 04:42:38 »
Debian sid is already there, siduction is based on sid

Ubuntu is not binary compatible with debian and like DeepDayze says, it will break your system sooner or later

ubuntu is a six month snapshot, sid updates 4 times a day, that creates FUBAR ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline DeepDayze

• User
Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #4 on: 2012/01/01, 05:14:22 »
Quote from: "piper"
Debian sid is already there, siduction is based on sid

Ubuntu is not binary compatible with debian and like DeepDayze says, it will break your system sooner or later

ubuntu is a six month snapshot, sid updates 4 times a day, that creates FUBAR ;)

yup, like it was said over in the sidux/aptosid forums NEVER use Ubuntu packages and it still applies to siduction too ;)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #5 on: 2012/01/01, 05:17:43 »
Actually applies to "debian" in general ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

gunmetalsid

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #6 on: 2012/01/01, 09:23:59 »
Quote from: "piper"
Actually applies to "debian" in general ;)

well said....

gunmetalsid

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction repository
« Reply #7 on: 2012/01/12, 04:29:50 »
what about aptosid repo and liquorix repo? is it ok to use 'em?

i was thinking about using siduction repo on top of aptosid 2011-01 and using aptosid repo on top my siduction 2011.1rc

Offline michaaa62

• User
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction reposit
« Reply #8 on: 2012/01/12, 07:59:43 »
Quote from: "gunmetalsid"
what about aptosid repo and liquorix repo? is it ok to use 'em?

i was thinking about using siduction repo on top of aptosid 2011-01 and using aptosid repo on top my siduction 2011.1rc
I would not recommend this at all!

Basically the repos of aptosid and siduction serve the same purpose: Offer a couple of tools and for hotfixed packages, not in Debian yet.

Name convention may prevent a save upgrade path for any given package, because both might have the same numerical version like the original (to be fixed) debian package, but might differ in name by adding siduction (higher starting letter) or aptosid (lower starting letter) to the name.
Also the version of tools are free and may over time deviate.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction reposit
« Reply #9 on: 2012/01/12, 08:53:34 »

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

greetz
devil

gunmetalsid

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: adding non siduction rep
« Reply #10 on: 2012/01/12, 08:53:35 »
so I couldn't add debian stable and liquorix too I guess. Though I saw on aptosid forum it was ok to use liquorix and debian stable repository.

I was thinking of adding

Code: [Select]
deb http://w3you.com/debian sid main contrib non-free
to siduction and kde-qt.list to aptosid

also the liquorix and debian stable repository for both. sorry for the  misunderstanding.

but seems it wasn't possible for siduction anyway.

regards,
gunmetalsid

Offline michaaa62

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2012/01/12, 09:11:40 »
Surely you could add liquorix repo for kernel use, you should evaluate, what you need from Debian stable repo as this is very unlikely to ever disrupt safe dist-upgrade path.

We were however discouraging the use of aptosid repo in siduction system or siduction repo in aptosid system.

How do you think the devs of both distribution would answer to your support wishes ;)

gunmetalsid

« Reply #12 on: 2012/01/12, 09:17:07 »
ok I got it, http://w3you.com exclusively for aptosid and qt-kde.list for siduction. thank god I have two laptop so I could run both, what happen if I only have one laptop? I just can't decide which is best between aptosid and siduction.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #13 on: 2012/01/12, 10:45:20 »
Why not decide by which wallpaper you like better? :)

Honestly, you have a desease, Its dangerous and its called repositoryitis.
afaik it was originaly brought into linux by Ubuntu. On their forum i have seen sources.lists longer than my arm. Poor souls, no cure for that yet.

For a normal desktop, siduction brings all the repos you need. And combining sid with stable is just insane.

greetz
devil

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #14 on: 2012/01/12, 11:04:59 »
slam session
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing