Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Is this a German distro????  (Read 21623 times)

Offline vilde

• User
[EN] Is this a German distro????
« Reply #15 on: 2012/01/04, 00:28:55 »
OK everybody. I have told you my point of view.

This was mainly a little test, I wanted to get a feeling of the forum climate here and you past the test :) I didn't get "slam'ed" out.

I  will put siduction on one of my boxes and see where this leads.

@ holgerw, Frohes neues Jahr!

Tschüss

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Is this a German distro????
« Reply #16 on: 2012/01/04, 01:21:33 »
Hell we don't even speak english here in the US anymore :)  slang is more like it and every year it gets worse :)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #17 on: 2012/01/04, 01:45:06 »
Quote from: "piper"
Hell we don't even speak english here in the US anymore :)  slang is more like it and every year it gets worse :)

Seems USA is getting more of a melting pot...soon we'd see more Spanish speakers in here too ;)

Quote from: "vilde"
OK everybody. I have told you my point of view.

This was mainly a little test, I wanted to get a feeling of the forum climate here and you past the test :) I didn't get "slam'ed" out.

I  will put siduction on one of my boxes and see where this leads.

@ holgerw, Frohes neues Jahr!

Tschüss

You won't get "slammed" here...and slam's not here :D

Offline ayla

• User
« Reply #18 on: 2012/01/04, 02:31:41 »
at least not as "slam"  :wink:

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2012/01/04, 11:13:33 »
As long as there is not this misuse of moderator powers ...
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #20 on: 2012/01/05, 00:47:11 »
Quote from: "ralul"
As long as there is not this misuse of moderator powers ...

I don't think that would happen here though as the staff's decent people who've seen all the bad things happen over at the old sidux/aptosid forums

hinto

« Reply #21 on: 2012/01/05, 15:18:50 »
Try the IRC.  It's been very helpful for me.  They speak English (and have cookies).
-Hinto (Who is not a jelly donut ;) )

wiarus_old

« Reply #22 on: 2012/01/06, 14:02:12 »
Hi everyone!

I think it is a simple but not so easy way to resolve this issue.
My native speak is polish. I think it is good way to open polish thread/forum to provide with solutions wider community in polish language (like above - not German speakers).

So, that is the way:

If someone ask for something in any (not english) language, and gets right help, then moderator may translate and post the solution to english forum. And that will be the point for other (not english) forums to copy solution from.
As I say is not easy but very helpfull. This is something like a wiki.

All for us, open community.

Greetins

w_o

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #23 on: 2012/01/06, 14:22:20 »
Quote from: "wiarus_old"
... then moderator may translate and post the solution to english forum...

as nice as the idea seems, we should not burden the moderators with such a *task*.

But be sure, bi/polylingual moderators as well as bi/polylingual users will at least crossread both fora and help where they can.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

wiarus_old

« Reply #24 on: 2012/01/06, 15:04:14 »
Quote from: "michaa7"
as nice as the idea seems, we should not burden the moderators with such a *task*.

May be a special forum language maintainer ;)

It's all ideas only for now...

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #25 on: 2012/01/06, 15:08:55 »
this maintainer really has to be very polylingual ;-), are you?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

wiarus_old

« Reply #26 on: 2012/01/06, 15:33:14 »
My idea is:
First, there is only one maintainer for one language forum (eg. for polish forum - same guy as a polish maitainer for siduction manual).
Second, not every post needs to be translate, only those post that brings concrete solutions to current problems, bugs etc.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #27 on: 2012/01/06, 15:55:35 »
I'm not sure if this leads to something, maybe after switching to the new forum (other software within the next few weeks) and with growing number of non english or non german speaking users you should offer to do the polish part in an experimental multi language part of the forum, if the team agrees on such a new part?

wiarus_old

« Reply #28 on: 2012/01/06, 17:13:08 »
Yes, I'll do the best I can depending on the time available.
I am currently aptosid manual pl maintainer, and this is what siduction needs too - for pl and other languages.

Meanwhile a special corelation between german and english forum is needed, I think.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #29 on: 2012/01/06, 18:06:40 »
the special correlation already consists in many bilingual mods and users hanging around in both fora, let's simply see whether an additional multilingual forum is needed with a growing number of users not speeking/understanding de or en.
And whatever may happen in future, nothing will change until the forum has its new software ... so maybe the best is to delay this discussion until then ...
Anyway, I am sure the maintainer of the polish section of the manual is at minimum as wellcome as any other user from wherever