Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] i3wm shutdown problems  (Read 2587 times)

Offline titan

• User
[EN] i3wm shutdown problems
« on: 2012/01/12, 20:58:28 »
I know i3 is not shipped with siduction so I am posting here in the new enlightened community spirit. I installed siduction lxde on my Asus laptop over a fully updated version of Aptosid with a working i3 dm. I then installed i3wm ( from sid) setting alt as the mod key, all the keymappings work except shift- alt-e for shutting down and shift-alt-r for restart.I can't see anything in xsession-errors and xev shows the correct keys. I thought it may be to do with x sessions so tried gdm then kdm and no dm none of which makes any difference. This morning I installed aptosid xfce and have the same problem i3 won't shutdown. So I think there is either a bug in i3 or something has changed with Debian. I have a fully functional version of i3 on my fully du'd (Aptosid) desktop. I have posted on the i3 mailing list where the response is usually in minutes but no replies so far. all suggestions welcome.

thanks

catalinsb

RE: i3wm shutdown problems
« Reply #1 on: 2012/01/14, 19:03:30 »
Hello! I just installed i3-wm, because I have a similar problem with the Shift key in scrotwm. I set alt as mod key. And guess... I can neither shutdown or restart i3. Some bindings are working, some not (for example mod+Shift+num for moving a window to another workspace) - similar to my scrotwm problem, all actions involving the Shift key.

I don't know what is causing this problem. All you sure other actions involving the use of Shift key are working for you?

p.s. I'm happy I tried i3-wm, I simply adore the tabbed layout, I feel like I'll stay with this wm :)

Offline titan

• User
RE: i3wm shutdown problems
« Reply #2 on: 2012/01/17, 21:39:45 »
Although the keymapping looked ok with xmodmap -pke and xmodmap I just reconfigured the keyboard and it now appears to work OK.