Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] [solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt  (Read 7208 times)

wannek3

  • Guest
[EN] [solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt
« Reply #15 on: 2012/10/06, 11:40:12 »
@michaa7
Thanks a lot, i forgot that! Ok, i added an empty line to /etc/X11/xorg.conf (as mentioned above), rebooted and voila.
X comes up with
Code: [Select]

(**) NOUVEAU(0): Option "ShadowFB" "true"
(**) NOUVEAU(0): Using "Shadow Framebuffer" - acceleration disabled

And since 5 Minutes now, no rendering errors!
glxgears is still quite fast.
-> solved (at least for me)

Offline devil

  • Administrator
  • User
  • *****
  • Posts: 4.844
[solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt
« Reply #16 on: 2012/10/06, 12:27:56 »
Is there a reason why you have a xorg.conf, when using nouveau?

greetz
devil

Offline michaa7

  • User
  • Posts: 2.304
[solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt
« Reply #17 on: 2012/10/06, 12:44:30 »
@ devil

because it's the solution (see brummers postings) and presumably a Debian bug (as this behavior does not show up in other distros with same versions of IW and Xorg).

Anyone cares to file a bug report?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

wannek3

  • Guest
[solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt
« Reply #18 on: 2012/10/06, 19:02:14 »
Yes, michaa7, i had neither a xorg.conf nor a xorg.conf.d before.

Bugreport is #689817

Offline brummer

  • User
  • Posts: 276
    • http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/
[solved] iceweasel rendering partly corrupt
« Reply #19 on: 2012/10/06, 21:13:24 »
It isn't a bug in iceweasel, actual it is a bug in xorg-server, first reported on 31 Mar 2012:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666468

The bug is triggered by libcairo, and first come visible on ATI Cards.
Unfortunately the fix for ATI move the bug to the nouveau driver.

Other Distros (manly ubuntu) aren’t bitten by this bug, because they ship a patched version of libcairo, were they switch of the related functions in cairo. I didn't believe that this is the right workaround, because cairo didn't do it wrong, it is xorg related, so the workaround to use a nouveau.conf and switch off acceleration in the "Xorg-driver" is closer to the real Bug. Well it isn't a solution to use a nouveau.conf, but it is somewhat clearer, then to patch a library for disable a function, which do it right, but trigger a bug in a other "library".