Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Rock-Music-Production with siduction  (Read 3323 times)

Offline 10toe

• User
[EN] Rock-Music-Production with siduction
« on: 2013/12/24, 15:44:00 »
Hi everybody,

I'd like to show you a song of my band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQu9V-58j1A

For many production steps for our recordings we use SIDUCTION as our system. In particular that is Midi-Recording, pre-Mixing, single-Recordings and Mastering.

Merely for the post-Mixing we changed to Mac, but only because of hardware reasons (there were hardware related noisy cracklings in our songs that we could not fix nor locate).

So long! I wish a merry Christmas to all the siduction users and the whole team! :-)
Hans

Offline sunrat

• User
Re: Rock-Music-Production with siduction
« Reply #1 on: 2013/12/28, 03:13:28 »
Congratulations on your demo!
Lots of people use Linux for mixdown successfully. You may need to just adjust a couple of settings such as changing CPU scheduler to performance, managing IRQs, or setting more latency in JACK (you are using JACK, right?).
A useful guide is http://openavproductions.com/real-time-latency-tuning/
and help is always at Linux Audio Users mailing list.
I have recently acquired Harrison Mixbus and set it up on Linux BBQ "Rocks" beta. I am very impressed with its functionality and performance.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #2 on: 2013/12/28, 03:18:10 »
Yes, very nice, don't forget about

http://linuxmusicians.com/
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline 10toe

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2013/12/28, 16:32:17 »
Thanks a lot, guys.

That's what I use to make and record music:

- Ardour3 (awsome DAW, audio and midi)
- Harrison Mixbus (DAW build on Ardour2, with a fantastic sound and feeling of an analog mixing console)
- Muse (Midi-Sequencer - the only one that I found, that can handle drag and drop with midi-Files)
- vsthost (a Windows-simulation (together with wine) that can handle a lot of proprietary audio-plugins, such as Addictive Drums, etc.)
- jamin (a mastering Analyzer, EQ and Compressor)
- audacity (the swiss knife for managing different audio types, bitrates, etc)

And all them bound together with the fantastic jack sound-server! I love the audio-workflow on linux!

And they all do not need many hardware ressources. As I have the direct comparison with mac, I would say it's the half of RAM needed.

But the point, why we had to try other systems was - as I mentioned - a horrible sound on quiet parts, something that sounded like a very fast clock and screeched when moving the mouse - perhaps the graphic card. We changed a lot of hardware but could not fix it. Well, I toyed with the idea of installing siduction on this mac-Desktop computer... ;-)