Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Grub setup  (Read 2146 times)

LRC1962

[EN] Grub setup
« on: 2014/06/13, 01:59:04 »
I have a windows partition and a Siduction partition. In grub currently at the top is the kernel loaded on by installation. At the very bottom is Windows 7. In doing my upgrading I changed to liquorix because it can work with my 4core processor and 8G memory. What I found out is that it comes #3 on grub list for the installation. The initial grub still has the original kernels and I have to go to advanced setting kernel before I get the grub that has the kernel I want. Can I change the order of the first grub I see to make windows selection #2 and at the same time change the siduction OS kernel the kernel I want?
This is going into an area I have not gone into before, because I do not trust myself of mucking things up.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: Grub setup
« Reply #1 on: 2014/06/13, 03:30:32 »
I have a 6-core, a 4-core, two 2-core's and 1 single core, they all work great on siduction's (towo's) kernel. What is the problem you are having it  ?

Although it is your system and your free to use what you want, you are out of scope for support and on your own using that kernel. Best support would be at his (damentz) forum.

Learn about 40_custom (/etc/grub.d) for your  "grub" problem, that's about all the support you'll  get from me.
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/06/13, 04:37:15 »
If you're using the Liquorix kernel, you may already know this, but, just in case, you can find Damentz and his Liquorix kernel forum at : http://techpatterns.com/forums/index.php
Linux Counter number 348347

LRC1962

« Reply #3 on: 2014/06/13, 16:36:59 »
Went and deleted kernel I didn't want (using my crutch smxi) reboot and things are fine now. Using smxi can easily go back to siduction if I want.