Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] (solved) moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!  (Read 7254 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] Re: moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!
« Reply #15 on: 2014/07/30, 17:12:39 »
Quote from: michaa7
piper, do you have installed both, ffmpeg and libav-tools?
Yes, both are at 10:2.3-dmo2
Do you really have installed moc-ffmpeg-plugin? And you can play *.mp4 with moc?

This is 64-bit, isn't it?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!
« Reply #16 on: 2014/07/31, 13:01:03 »
michaa7,

moc & moc-ffmpeg-plugin are at version 1:2.5.0~beta2-1+b1

ffmpeg and libav-tools are at 10:2.3-dmo2

I don't use moc, but, I use mythtv and have no problem playing .mp4 files, sorry for the late reply, but, work is crazy right now, I will try moc when I get home tonight.

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: moc (mocp) FATAL_ERROR: Can't receive value from the server!
« Reply #17 on: 2014/07/31, 14:50:31 »
michaa7,

moc & moc-ffmpeg-plugin are at version 1:2.5.0~beta2-1+b1

ffmpeg and libav-tools are at 10:2.3-dmo2

As I understand it now these packages *cannot* work together ( if interessted look at my bug report #755528 )
I don't use moc,
Now I understand.
but, I use mythtv and have no problem playing .mp4 files, sorry for the late reply, but, work is crazy right now, I will try moc when I get home tonight.
I hadn't problems playing *.mp4 with vlc or smplayer. I had these problems only with moc (I ***love*** it to play my mp4 (videos!!!) via moc without the need to convert them to pure audio files.)

In the meantime I contacted Christian Marillat and he uploaded a patched moc(DMO) version which here works as it should.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline piper

• User
Quote from: michaa7

In the meantime I contacted Christian Marillat and he uploaded a patched moc(DMO) version which here works as it should.
He's usually very good at that, that's why I don't understand all the hoopla (dmo) . I have NEVER had a problem with anything with this repo enabled, and it has been over a decade, I build with it since sidux days and never once had a problem.

Besides mythtv, I use it  because so many people say it will f#ck this up and f#ck that up.

I just nod my head, Really ? (ducks),

I just let it go and carry on what I'm doing, and will continue to do so (ducks again).
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
@piper and micha7:
The main problem with Christian is not that he isn't competent enough running a repository long term. The real problem is imho lacking social skills on both sides, dmo and debian. It's a shame for both sides and a farce. (Sandbox games - all about "My ...... is bigger" (replace ....... with a body part, Eimerchen or Schippchen)

I have no problems with the fact, that problems with dmo are discussed here - i think thats fair enough. But i will never help nor support systems with activated dmo (nor with any packages from dmo) because this is complete waste of time for me.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline piper

• User
melmarker
I understand and that was the reason behind

I just let it go and carry on what I'm doing, and will continue to do so (ducks again).

:)

I also agree with social skills on both sides lacking, I won't go there, maybe another day ;)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
piper - no problem for me 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)