Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] siduction 2018.3.0  (Read 16198 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] Re: siduction 2018.3.0
« Reply #15 on: 2018/07/01, 18:04:28 »
elefant in the room:

1. No, its no progress not being able to set timezone and keyboard layout ***during boot***.

2. Yes , I edited the needed file (whichs path I now don't remember, but I'm sure you know what I mean) but the booted ISO nonetheless has wrong keyboard layout (en instead of de). Now I agian have to search and try until i find "/". Awesome.
Timezone is right, thoug.
  GNU nano 2.9.8                /etc/default/grub2-fll-fromiso                           

# Defaults for grub2-fll-fromiso update-grub helper
# sourced by grub2's update-grub
# installed at /etc/default/grub2-fll-fromiso by the maintainer scripts

#
# This is a POSIX shell fragment
#

# specify where to look for the ISO
# default: /srv/ISO
FLL_GRUB2_ISO_LOCATION="/home/mh/soft/iso"

# array for defining ISO prefices --> siduction-*.iso, non-recursive
# default: "siduction- fullstory-"
FLL_GRUB2_ISO_PREFIX="siduction-"

# set default language
# default: en_US
FLL_GRUB2_LANG="de_DE"

# override the default timezone.
# default: UTC
FLL_GRUB2_TZ="Europe/Berlin"

# additional cheatcodes
# default: quiet systemd.show_status=1 noeject
#FLL_GRUB2_CHEATCODE="quiet systemd.show_status=1 noeject"

Is there a way to change KB-layout after the iso is booted? Is there any remedy?

3. It was a good idea to have release bug reports where everyone could find and post them easily. No those can be "found" in the middle of nowhere.

@ devil: gaaaaaaaanz anderer rechner, gaaaaaaaanz andere installation, only in case ....
« Last Edit: 2018/07/01, 18:25:04 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: siduction 2018.3.0
« Reply #16 on: 2018/07/01, 19:13:28 »
Sorry, I forgot to create the thread for bugs for siduction 2018.3.0.

Setting timezone and keyboard lang works fine with siduction 2018.3.0 at boottime. Tried with 2 different flavours.
« Last Edit: 2018/07/01, 19:17:52 by devil »

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #17 on: 2018/07/01, 19:18:14 »
First, if you boot the iso the usual way (from CD,DVD, Usbstick) you can set keyboard and timezone in the grub menu. As you refer to grub2-fll-fromiso, that is a special tool circumventing standard boot methods. If something isn't working there consider a bug report, maintainer seems to be slh.
Here I have a nearly identical looking etc/default/grub2-fll-fromiso file and my Isos boot with german keyboard and timezone. The resulting boot entry that is created by the tool after invoking 'update-grub' has the following important lines in /boot/grub/grub.cfg:
Code: [Select]
### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/60_fll-fromiso ###
menuentry "siduction-18.3.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201806052047 (4.17.0-towo.1-siduction-amd64)" ...
        loopback loop /boot/grub/isos/siduction-18.3.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201806052047.iso
        linux (loop)/boot/vmlinuz-4.17.0-towo.1-siduction-amd64 fromhd=UUID=1cf9bafd-690d-4cba-9589-47206e3e85a1 fromiso=/boot/grub/isos/siduction-18.3.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201806052047.iso boot=fll lang=de_DE tz=Europe/Berlin quiet systemd.show_status=1 noeject
### END /etc/grub.d/60_fll-fromiso ###
See "lang=de_DE tz=Europe/Berlin" in the kernel line.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #18 on: 2018/07/01, 19:25:20 »
1. grub2-fll-fromiso is a tool for advanced users (one should be able to read and write and write some config parameters)
2. grub2-fll-fromiso should not display the iso boot screen. Reason: Please see above.
3. Please send no bugs to slh - learn read and write instead and fix the damn parameters.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #19 on: 2018/07/01, 19:52:51 »
Setting timezone and keyboard lang works fine with siduction 2018.3.0 at boottime. Tried with 2 different flavours.

NO. it does not. It may do with the two isos you tested, but with the one I use, it does not (xorg). There simply is no such thing as a boot menü. You go directly from grub to DE, nothing in between. At least 19 times tested this afternoon.

There seems to be no installer (CL would do, if somewhere available). Ceni missing (yeah, I know, there are some issues, I remeber, nontheless, was easy to use, now I have to look around, ask here to only get which package to use fpr NW setup.

Id like to use the commandling for copying the iso to my usb-stick. But I would need ton remember the timezone by hard,  is it Berlin/Europe ? And the path, is it really /fll/home/<UUID>/"and-how-exactly-the-iso-is-called".iso?
As root?

and again, no, keyboard setup is not working on patient/ce_xorg.

« Last Edit: 2018/07/01, 19:56:02 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
[SOLVED - NOT A BUG] siduction 2018.3.0
« Reply #20 on: 2018/07/01, 20:14:04 »
Again: set the damn parameters and be done with - nothing has changed in that regard in the last ten years.
Only a reminder - one can forget about some things: nano /etc/default/grub2-fll-fromiso - and the german keyboard is setkmap=de after the cheatcodes.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #21 on: 2018/07/01, 20:24:11 »
See "lang=de_DE tz=Europe/Berlin" in the kernel line.

Danke, das war sehr hilfreich. Ich hatte, dummerweise, versucht das iso vom gebooteten iso aus auf den stick zu schreiben, was doch recht kompliziert ist ;-).

Einfacher wäre es natürlich einfach von meiner gebooteten siduction installation aus zu kopieren (das ist mein laptop, nicht der problemrechner). Hier habe ich aber das problem dass fll-iso2usb nicht auf dem system ist. Über apt search finde ich es nicht. Was muß ich nachinstallieren, damit ich das kommando auf dem rechner habe?

Danke!

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #22 on: 2018/07/01, 20:42:14 »
Isses nicht - ist seit ebensoviel Jahren genau so trivial wie die Bedienung von grub2-fll-fromiso
apt show grub2-fll-fromiso

iso runterladen, auf den Stick packen, Stick booten, auf das Editorsymbol im Bootmenu klicken, toram setzen, booten, terminal auf, sudo calamares oder sudo cli-installer und fertig.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #23 on: 2018/07/01, 20:47:37 »
erm - ich dachte fäschlicher weise, das dass ne Stickinstallation werden sollte - ansonsten reduziert sich das zu: Image laden, auf Stick kopieren, an den betreffenden Rechner gehen und installieren.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #24 on: 2018/07/01, 21:14:54 »
...auf den Stick packen...

Was meinst du eigentlich was ich seit stunden versuche zu tun?

Wenn du halb soviel wind machen würdest, wie du defaultmäßig nunmal gerne machst und dein xorg iso nicht so versemmelt wäre wie es nunmal ist wären ich schon viel weiter.
Ich war jetzt mehrere jahre nicht aktiv hier im forum und  bin es nun gezwungenermaßen doch. Ich fand und finde deine art so unerträglich dass dies der grund für meine abstinenz war und wieder sein wird. Dieses eingeständnis kannst du dir voller stolz auf deine schulterepouletten schmieden.

Ich würde es begrüßen wenn du dich schlicht aus meinen *wenigen* threads heraushalten würdest.

Und zur sache: wie bekomme ich fll-iso2usb auf den rechner?

Und falls das damit sinnvoll nur von gebooteten iso geht: Ich habe hier nur ein uralt siduction handbuch, was möglicherweise outdatet ist, der manual link hier im forum führt ins leere, und meine anderen installationen mit neueren manuals sind eben nun auf einem rechner der nach jahren der siduction d-u's nun ein beängstgendes eigenleben entwickelt hat mit unbootbaren installationen. von daher sind meine informationen veraltet, und was dir scheinbar und vielleicht wirklich vertraut ist ist für otto normaluser nicht so einfach durchschaubar. Aber dafür hast du nicht auch nur für eine halbe sekunde einsicht. Deshalb sind deine postings häufig mehre lockere selbst beweihräurerung als bemühen um tatsächächliche hilfe.

Ich schreibe dies nicht, weil ich auf deine einsicht hoffe. Ich will halbwegs in ruhe mein problem hier lösen und du trägst nicht wirklich etwas brauchbares  bei. Nur weil etwas nicht falsch ist heißt noch lange nicht das es auch was nutzt.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #25 on: 2018/07/01, 21:27:42 »
Und nochmal - weder ist "mein" Xorg Iso versemmelt - noch habe ich bisher viel Wind gemacht. Was sich eventuell ändern wird, wenn ich noch mehr geistigen Dünnschiss lesen muss. Du bist lange genug dabei, um ein Linux bedienen zu können, dachte ich jedenfalls bis heute - ok, ist der Beweis dafür, dass auch ich mich täuschen kann.

Und wenn Du lesen lernen würdest - wo 'show' steht, da kann man auch 'install' hinmalen. Und als direkte Antwort auf "unerträglich" - ja, ich fand das Forum auch angenehmer ohne Dich und Dein in viele Worte gegossenes Eingeständnis Deiner Unfähigkeit.

Verdammt noch mal, hier reissen sich viele Leute den Arsch auf, um Siduction am Laufen zu halten und zu verbessern. Mit Siduction können wir das zum Glück manchen, bei Usern wie Dir sind wir leider machtlos. Um ganz ehrlich zu sein, es wäre mir lieber, Dich in Zukunft hier überhaupt nicht mehr lesen zu müssen. Es gibt so viele schöne andere Distributionen für Dich - ohne verfrickelte Xorg-Isos.

EDIT: michaa7 - Fremdwörter sind, wie Linux auch, eine Frage der Bildung. Und natürlich auch Glückssache, wenn man diese nicht besitzt - Zum Mitmeisseln: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epaulette
« Last Edit: 2018/07/01, 22:21:21 by melmarker »

Offline der_bud

• User
« Reply #26 on: 2018/07/01, 22:52:35 »
fll-iso2usb ist ein schon länger nicht mehr ausgeliefertes aptosid-tool. Um eine siduction-Iso auf einen Stick zu bringen:
dd if=/pfad/zum/siduction.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=4M; syncsdX ist der Stick ohne Partitionsangabe (z.B. sdc, nicht sdc1)
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #27 on: 2018/07/02, 05:18:24 »
Here I was thinking he wanted grub2-fll-fromiso to boot "from iso" on the hard drive.

You don't need grub2-fll-fromiso to do that either, a 40_custom works fine, I use it all the time to test my iso's after building

11:00:0611:00 PM [piper@x1 ~]$ apt policy grub2-fll-fromiso
grub2-fll-fromiso:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.3.12
  Version table:
     0.3.12 500
        500 http://10.10.10.3:3142/mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/siduction/extra unstable/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://10.10.10.3:3142/mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/siduction/extra unstable/main i386 Packages

40_custom entry that boots from iso on the drive

menuentry "Siduction-Live-Plasma5" {
        insmod iso9660
    insmod part_gpt
        insmod ext2
    set root='hd1,gpt1'
    if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
        search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd1,gpt1 --hint-efi=hd1,gpt1 --hint-baremetal=ahci1,gpt1  192108a8-601e-4868-882d-97ad3042b5ee
    else
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 192108a8-601e-4868-882d-97ad3042b5ee
    fi
    loopback loop /builds/siduction/siduction-18.3.0-patience-kde-amd64-201807011732.iso
    linux (loop)/boot/vmlinuz-4.17.3-towo.1-siduction-amd64 fromhd=UUID=192108a8-601e-4868-882d-97ad3042b5ee fromiso=/builds/siduction/siduction-18.3.0-patience-kde-amd64-201807011732.iso boot=fll lang=en_EN tz=UTC quiet systemd.show_status=1 noeject toram
    initrd (loop)/boot/initrd.img-4.17.3-towo.1-siduction-amd64

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #28 on: 2018/07/18, 12:19:14 »
Here I was thinking he wanted grub2-fll-fromiso to boot "from iso" on the hard drive.

As I now more or less by accident read the answers above I like to answer in english so you (Piper) may get an idea about what has been the problem (and what's not):

- I knew how to write isos to usb
- the isos I wrote to three different sticks worked fine - on other HW, but not on thisone here
- the only iso getting to boot successfully here was an old indiansummer.iso
- with it I could repair (by first repairing grub2) my system

- I can acccept that there maybe is not much to do about it (the fact that current isos won't boot on this specific piece of HW although they work fine with other HW), but most given answers seem to refuse to acknowledge it as a problem and insist in solving not existing problems.

Unfortunatly the same people who blame me for "not being able to read" are not willing to do so.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #29 on: 2018/07/18, 14:42:51 »
@michaa7

The only thing I can think of at the moment is BIO's settings, my stick on this box (main box) is treated like a normal hard drive and you choose hard drive (F12) and will list all drives.

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck