Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Proposal: background image for Grub  (Read 4853 times)

Offline bluelupo

• User
    • BluelupoMe
[EN] Proposal: background image for Grub
« on: 2014/02/05, 08:48:37 »

Hello siductionTeam,
only once a thanks for your class work on siduction that one has not everywhere;-)

A proposal for the artwork I had. Could you set the corresponding main theme (Chart of the Login Manager ud desktops) as background in Grub. That would be an "integrated" design from the boot manager give to the desktop.

I know that you currently do not have people in charge of the artwork, but I think the effort to configure the background image for Grub keeps within reasonable limits.

What do you think?

I have created this post in the German part of the forum.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Proposal: background image for Grub
« Reply #1 on: 2014/02/05, 13:58:45 »
See the answer in german.

Funny google translation:
Is built-in - we have a little problem: The "small" solution with only a background image, which would mean that we would have to adjust the grub font colors and the "big" solution with a Grub theme. We have chosen for the great solution. Is quite easy to activate, just the diamonds in / etc / default / grub.d / siduction.conf take out and possibly change to the desired resolution.
« Last Edit: 2014/02/05, 14:03:57 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

starwolf

« Reply #2 on: 2014/04/19, 12:25:15 »
http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=4458.msg37106#msg37106 these two backgrounds were very simple and could work for grub back ground

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #3 on: 2014/04/19, 14:33:02 »
I am at work now, but, I will make a grub screenshot (phone) using
                        joogi's  "black" wallpaper as a grub background unless someone beats me to it
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck