Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Linus Torvalds Q&A Session at DebConf  (Read 3021 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Linus Torvalds Q&A Session at DebConf
« Reply #1 on: 2014/08/31, 23:22:40 »
devil - best ranting and insights ever :D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/08/31, 23:47:50 »
If you followed all the diverse discussions going on in opensource communities  it is entertaining to watch this Q&A with Linus. He nails it when answering.
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/09/01, 18:40:53 »
It was interesting to hear his views on binaries, and their relationship to Linux on the desktop. 
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2014/09/02, 13:49:28 »
Nice and interesting in many aspects. I like him, I like his rants, I like his standpoint.

And I wonder how he could be convinced to give siduction a try. What he said about Debian/Stable is only partly true and does not touch the bulk desktop usecase which is Testing. But whether his Fedora install is as easy as siduction is would be an interesting question. I wonder if we should present him this question.

(And only as a sidenote, completely unrelated to the topic, but currently something I need to care about: This full screen videostream consumed 1/3 of the CPU workload (30-35%) a flash stream produces (up to constantly 100%).
This is not news to me or you, but I wanted to make it clear for the record.)
« Last Edit: 2014/09/02, 14:04:48 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake