Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] KDE release - Sound & Video  (Read 1327 times)

Offline martinwprior

• User
    • http://www.whitebrickoven.com
[EN] KDE release - Sound & Video
« on: 2021/08/30, 00:48:31 »
I have never got along with KDE but over the weekend I downloaded the KDE Future Plasma. Whilst playing with it, I found a nice "video player" in 'Sound & Video'.

I then moved back to Cinnamon as KDE did not like me using the Vivaldi Browser (it hid all my saved passwords) and I did not have the time to investigate why. I am a Baker and can only 'play' while the dough is rising :) .

However can anyone tell me what video player (s) are in KDE FUTURE Plasma distro? It would be nice to be able to run it under Cinnamon as long as it does not bring all of KDE with it.

When I have another chance I will try to find out why KDE stole my Vivaldi passwords. :)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: KDE release - Sound & Video
« Reply #1 on: 2021/08/30, 02:49:53 »
VLC media player is happy to play any music or videos from your plasma desktop.

SRWare Iron, Mozilla Firefox, chromium browser, etc. are all happy to run on a plasma desktop.

I don't know about "KDE Future" -- doesn't sound like a Debian package ....  this IS Debian, you know.  ;-)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline martinwprior

• User
    • http://www.whitebrickoven.com
« Reply #2 on: 2021/08/30, 06:30:53 »
KDE Future Plasma is one of the teams new releases under the Farewell Series.

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
« Reply #3 on: 2021/08/30, 08:27:03 »
The plasma-future ISO is an experimental release with the packages of Norbert Preiniger OBS-builds and sources.

The video player is  SMPlayer (qt based and sure you can use it) and maybe dragon player, if other, I don't know.

What happened to the passwords is mysterious, but i do not use vivaldi so i can't help you there.