Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] no sound with CD play over cl (cdcd, mcdp), alsamixer CD useless  (Read 1832 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
It used to work!
On my laptop with 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller / Chip: Analog Devices AD1981 I can't play CD via CL anymore. It still plays in the sense that I "see" the time progress for each track going forward, but no sound. It worked with cdcd, and it still works when I use kaffeine or KsCD (the latter, a POS plays only the first track).
The strange thing is, when I open alsamixer, the "CD" slider has no effect when I use kaffeine or KsCD. Even muteing  "CD" doesn't stop the CD sound. Moreover, none of the alsamixer sliders affects the CD sound, except master.
So I wonder how cd-rom is connected to alsa and to sound (not that I am really interested, but it seams I need an answer to exactly that question)
So I am completely confused how this works nowadays. It seams alsa or alsamixer is bypassed somehow. By which interface?
In systemsettings  gstreamer is selected (nothing else available), I wonder where all those alsa/pulseaudio/whatever else settings disapeared?                                         
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake