Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Russian  (Read 3966 times)

sid-ru

[EN] Russian
« on: 2013/10/28, 08:32:04 »
Hello! Is it possible to setup Siduction with russian locale by default?

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: Russian
« Reply #1 on: 2013/10/28, 09:44:48 »
Hi sid_ru, so far siduction does not come with russian language on their isos, as there have not been too many users asking for it.
So at the moment the right way to switch the locale is how you have described it in this (your?) blog post.
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

sid-ru

« Reply #2 on: 2013/10/28, 23:02:04 »
Hi sid_ru, so far siduction does not come with russian language on their isos, as there have not been too many users asking for it.
So at the moment the right way to switch the locale is how you have described it in this (your?) blog post.
Yes, I try it and found that Siduction much better than almost all debian-based distros. There is only one reason why it have not many russian users - is because not russian support from the box ;)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2013/10/28, 23:13:37 »
Hi sid-ru - i think i have introduced this behaviour, and i can revert it. The more i think of i would say it was a failure to do so. Our intention was not to provide languages that we can't maintain and for which is no manual. Hmm, absolutly false, because there is an english fallback in any case.

Edit: Bug http://chili.siduction.org/issues/1376
« Last Edit: 2013/10/29, 10:47:42 by melmarker »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

sid-ru

« Reply #4 on: 2013/10/29, 06:45:48 »
Good!

sid-ru

« Reply #5 on: 2014/08/27, 08:41:54 »
I downloaded and tried the siduction-14.1.0-paintitblack-lxqt-amd64-201405081704.iso image. From the 1st screen I selected Russian locale and keyboard. In the live system I got Russian keyboard and can not switch it to En to type username or password.

P.S. thanks for Russian support in Siduction!