Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] siduction release date?  (Read 17881 times)

Offline mrneilypops

• User
    • dwmX
[EN] siduction release date?
« on: 2011/10/21, 21:00:20 »
I am very much looking forward to trying this distro.
Are you near a release date?
Will there be a pre release alpha to test?

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
siduction release date?
« Reply #1 on: 2011/10/21, 21:54:47 »
We plan on releasing at the end of the year. Right now we are still on schedule. There will be different levels of testing pre-releases, but we have not determined yet, when there will be a first public one. Right now we plan on starting build-cycles and initial internal testing in about 2 weeks. Lets see how that goes. I will keep you posted in the Blog

greetz
devil

Offline Lanzi

• User
siduction release date?
« Reply #2 on: 2011/10/22, 21:54:52 »
Thats good news...

@Devil: if you need somebody fpr alpha/beta-tests, I will be ready.

hinto

RE: siduction release date?
« Reply #3 on: 2011/12/08, 18:13:53 »
can we mention the "evil script" here that has been banned on the previous SID forums that was used to help with dist-upgrades?
-H

Offline michaaa62

• User
Re: RE: siduction release date?
« Reply #4 on: 2011/12/08, 18:40:44 »
Quote from: hinto
can we mention the "evil script" here that has been banned on the previous SID forums that was used to help with dist-upgrades?
-H
You might mention anything you want if you do it in the experimental http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?board=10.0
Apart from the mentioning, you will not get much help, because nobody really knows what smxi is doing, you will have to ask at smxi.org.
« Last Edit: 2013/11/10, 11:08:41 by melmarker »

hinto

RE: Re: RE: siduction release date?
« Reply #5 on: 2011/12/08, 22:04:22 »
^ That would be fine. (I currently do).  I just wouldn't want to get inadvertently banned from the forum.
-H

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #6 on: 2011/12/08, 22:33:22 »
Dont worry, you have to be a real bad boy to get banned here. This wont work by mentioning software, we do not like, promote, find obsolete etc :) I like Harald Hope and we share none of the antipathy that was sown in sidux days by some people that believe, their own believes must be imposed on a community as a whole. So feel free to discuss smxi, as long as it stays civil.

greetz
devil

otto

« Reply #7 on: 2011/12/12, 02:30:55 »
dear buddies,
Let bygones be bygones! It's a good saying for the siduction time.
cheers.

hinto

« Reply #8 on: 2011/12/13, 17:40:12 »
yep... I'm itchin' for an install ;)
-Hinto

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2011/12/18, 03:02:14 »
Hello all, I'm interested in this new distro too...and yes also wanted to break free of *cough*Aptosid*cough* and getting tired of the silly politics there as well

as for smxi, h2's got a great forum as well as an IRC channel for those who need help with smxi or to report any bugs in smxi/sgfxi or related scripts.

Why not offer h2 an invite here if he's interested? He's been around the old kanotix and sidux forums until the time he was unceremoniously banned from there.

Offline ReinerS

• User
siduction release date?
« Reply #10 on: 2011/12/18, 12:19:51 »
Well at least those scripts will not be treated as "evil" over here. If h2 could in some way gets here involved as DeepDayze suggested would be even better. Lets see how it will evolve.

regards

Reiner
slackware => SuSE => kanotix => sidux => aptosid  => siduction

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
siduction release date?
« Reply #11 on: 2011/12/18, 14:25:54 »
i talked to h2, as we never had any personal or other problems between the 2 of us. We agreed that we will not promote or support smxi, but not suppress questions or information about it anyways, as long as it stays civil and outside the realm of trolling.

greetz
devil

Offline DeepDayze

• User
siduction release date?
« Reply #12 on: 2011/12/18, 16:55:03 »
Quote from: "devil"
i talked to h2, as we never had any personal or other problems between the 2 of us. We agreed that we will not promote or support smxi, but not suppress questions or information about it anyways, as long as it stays civil and outside the realm of trolling.

greetz
devil

makes sense...like I said, maybe a thread or subsection just for basic support or questions about smxi that he can answer much like there used to be over at sidux forum back in the day. I'm sure h2 himself would never allow any sort of trolling anyway.

Offline DeepDayze

• User
siduction release date?
« Reply #13 on: 2011/12/18, 16:58:52 »
On another note,what about discussions about codecs/multimedia or other sensitive topics? Will that also follow the same rules as aptosid has? Perhaps an IRC channel should be set up for siduction if not already created so sensitive topics can be discussed off the forum for the safety of all.

Offline cryptosteve

• User
siduction release date?
« Reply #14 on: 2011/12/18, 17:36:59 »
Multimedia stuff can be discussed here. And we are not as restrict as aptosid is in this point.

But there are some irc-channels at irc.oftc.net (e.g. #siduction, #siduction-de, #siduction-core, #siduction-dev, #siduction-art, #siduction-doc - all wide open for everyone).
- born to create drama -
CS Virtual Travel Bug: VF6G5D