Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Live ISO will not run past menu  (Read 5787 times)

roba

[EN] Re: Live ISO will not run past menu
« Reply #15 on: 2017/03/07, 02:41:52 »
Not good, downloaded LXQT amd64 put it on a usb (like I always do with Debian based dists and never had a problem) all I got was a blue screen with a video error saying it can not display.
Different but similar stock Dell computer, different display, same thing.
Tried LXDE and same exact result.  Both iso files check ok with sha256 and md5
Burned an image of Q4OS 2.3.1 (this is a Stretch based system with systemd) it run fine on the same stick.
I think tails runs on calamares too lately and it works fine on the same machines.

Then your forum nearly always runs into an error on the first link, it must be refreshed to display a page, which means "save your note elsewhere or you lose it after the first click".

Help!

roba

Re: Live ISO will not run past menu
« Reply #16 on: 2017/03/07, 02:53:19 »
Ohh.. here is a clue
If I boot up debian and then plug the stick on this is what it tells me (never seen this with an iso before)

Error mounting /dev/sdb3 at /media/roba/siduction: Command-line `mount -t "iso9660" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1002,gid=1002,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500" "/dev/sdb3" "/media/roba/siduction"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb3,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail or so.

mdavies5

[SOLVED]Re: Live ISO will not run past menu
« Reply #17 on: 2017/03/07, 05:19:43 »
Congratulations, glad to report that the latest Cinnamon release boots ok from USB stick. Now will try an install and give it a test run

mld

« Reply #18 on: 2017/03/07, 06:37:55 »

Also have troubles booting up the live iso, gauge hangs half through boot process [/size]on a core2duo/intel GM965/GL960 setup like my old dell 1525. Iso flavour is xfce.
[/size]
[/size]My guess it might have something to dowith  weird the kernel error "drm_kms_helper, flip_done timed out" bug I have with my install. Only way out is to use the last usuable kernel 4.7.6
[/size]

mld

« Reply #19 on: 2017/03/07, 06:49:59 »
ok, have to take everything back, tried the lxqt iso and it now boots up.

Grepped the dmesg and it seems there's no drm_kms_helper hang while booting. (I do get this when using the same kernel version on my current install, but I'll see what kernel parameter is used vice versa and see if I can create a workaround)